Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Any mods to st croix lt trigger?

Message Subject: Any mods to st croix lt trigger?
VMS
Posted 6/27/2014 10:31 PM (#718180)
Subject: Any mods to st croix lt trigger?

Hi everyone,

Ended up purchasing a st croix sling blade today and have found the trigger to be new to how I hold the rod for both casting, figure 8 and reeling. What feels odd to me is the trigger is a touch too far back. I am now palming the reel fully in front of the trigger which is fine, but I am wanting it to be a touch tighter to my hand and a little more of a bump at the bottom of the trigger. Anyone on here made any mods other than just a tape build-up of some sort?

Like the rod... Just have to get used to a new holding position.

Thanks much!!

Steve
brianT
Posted 6/27/2014 11:25 PM (#718185 - in reply to #718180)
Subject: Re: Any mods to st croix lt trigger?

I found it hard to palm some of the bigger reels with the new trigger. I have a lexa 400 on my new Sling Blade and palming that thing and throwing big blades just didn't cut it for me. I put a pistol grip on the Sling Blade and really like it. It's a little tricky getting used to switching holding positions with the pistol grip though but it helps tremendously in hand fatigue. You just have to train your brain to switch holding positions if you get a fish on because your hand will not be on the reel to thumb the spool and feed line if needed. I lost a fish this way.
Zinox
Posted 6/28/2014 2:47 AM (#718188 - in reply to #718180)

How much have you used it ? try to spend a hole day with the new trigger, i use mine with a tranx, and would hate to go back to the old one.
Even modified my old MI rod to have the same kind of trigger.
upnortdave
Posted 6/28/2014 12:14 PM (#718215 - in reply to #718180)

Just let the grip sit in your palm. It takes away from you havin to totally palm the reeel. Very comfortable once you get use to it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)