Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New elite 7 hdi GPS chips

Message Subject: New elite 7 hdi GPS chips
muskyhunter07
Posted 6/4/2014 5:11 PM (#714105)
Subject: New elite 7 hdi GPS chips

Hi all,

I just purchased the elite 7 hdi. Ive been doing alot of research on lake map chips. I was wanting to get an opinion on which chip people prefer. Either the navionics +, Hotmaps premium or the Lake insight hd v14. Let me know what you think thanks.
FishFinder87
Posted 6/5/2014 1:19 PM (#714232 - in reply to #714105)
Subject: Re: New elite 7 hdi GPS chips

I would rate them in order from best to worst: Insight, Navionics, hotmap.. But your best bet would be to stop in at a Gander mountain, Cabelas, etc.. that has them all and try them in a unit and pull up the lakes you fish.. some have better maps on certain lakes..
muskyhunter07
Posted 6/5/2014 5:31 PM (#714264 - in reply to #714232)

Thanks for the reply i'll look into the insight chip thanks
FishFinder87
Posted 6/6/2014 9:12 PM (#714407 - in reply to #714105)

I just want to make clear that I suggest trying to look at the lakes you plan to fish before purchasing, as that is ultimately more important than any features or aesthetics.. While I like the Insight better personally, the Navionics often has more lakes mapped in better detail. Not a fan of Hotmaps personally... But the most important thing is what map they are using for the lakes you fish.. and that is best compared by pulling them up in the store where you can look at different chips side by side. Just my 2 cents..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)