Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Abu Garcia C3 (made in Sweden)

Message Subject: Abu Garcia C3 (made in Sweden)
Reggie54
Posted 5/30/2014 9:11 AM (#713386)
Subject: Abu Garcia C3 (made in Sweden)

Ok, so I was under the assumption that all the newer C3 models were made in China. Now I see on Cabelas site that they're made in Sweden again. So with that said, is the quality of the newer C3 reels similar to what they used to be? Anyone have any reviews to share? I'd pull the trigger on one if they hold up like they used to.
kdawg
Posted 5/30/2014 10:45 AM (#713403 - in reply to #713386)
Subject: RE: Abu Garcia C3 (made in Sweden)

All the c-model Abu's are and were made in Sweden. The BX-models are made in China and are noticeably less expensive. I don't and do not plan on owning any of those. C- models have been around for decades for a reason. They are a good,solid, reliable reel if cared for properly and will provide years of service. Some like to bash Abu but for everyone of those guys,there are 99 others who are satisfied with there reels. Kdawg
lennyg3
Posted 5/30/2014 10:45 AM (#713404 - in reply to #713386)
Subject: Re: Abu Garcia C3 (made in Sweden)

I have one and it has been holding up very well. That being said I do not use it to throw double 10s or pounders.
brmusky
Posted 6/2/2014 7:32 AM (#713643 - in reply to #713386)

I use a lot of Abu Garcia reels ranging from the 4000 models up to the 7000 models. I only have 1 new 6500 C3 but it seems just as solid as all of the others. I wouldn't worry about Abu reels at all as long as they aren't made in China.
Esox0031
Posted 6/15/2014 5:06 PM (#715801 - in reply to #713386)

The new C3 feels a bit ''newer'' than the old series, but still as good! Got 3 models of those last year, and with the old models that I already had [the one with stickers on the side] made no difference in quality. I have fished with the older models without ever cleaning them for about 10 years now, and still work as good as they were back in the days. I also expect this from the newer type of C3. Top quality stuff from Abu as always!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)