Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Georgian Bay - far South East

Message Subject: Georgian Bay - far South East
jaultman
Posted 4/8/2014 7:33 AM (#705307)
Subject: Georgian Bay - far South East

Is anyone familiar with the Severne Sound area of Georgian Bay? Near towns of Waubaushene, Midland, Tay...

I just found out my wife's best friend has a cottage on the lake and she wants us to come out there. It's a long trip from Northern MN, but maybe someday, if it's worth it (fishing-wise).

Thanks!
horsehunter
Posted 4/8/2014 8:25 AM (#705326 - in reply to #705307)
Subject: Re: Georgian Bay - far South East

A World Record could as easily come from there as anywhere. BIG FISH BIG WIND BIG WAVES
jaultman
Posted 4/8/2014 8:29 AM (#705328 - in reply to #705326)

Is it reasonable to expect to contact a few fish in a couple days' worth of fishing (assuming decent conditions, and a decent angler)? I guess a better question: Is it a popular area for muskies?

I also checked the MNR Fish ON-Line out, and there are like 17 lakes with muskies within 50 km of her place. Not to mention lots of walleye and lake trout waters. Seems like a sweet area to be.
Ski Patrol
Posted 4/10/2014 7:28 AM (#705810 - in reply to #705307)

I spent most of last year fishing out of the Port Severn area. It is a great place to fish. It holds some giants and many think a potential WR swims in these waters. You may contact fish, but its not a numbers water. Still, its worth the trip up imo.

If you have any questions feel free to PM.
jaultman
Posted 4/14/2014 10:03 AM (#706673 - in reply to #705810)

Thanks Ski Patrol!
hooknup
Posted 4/30/2014 8:35 PM (#709636 - in reply to #705307)

I live three hours from georgian bay and its the place to be . i heard it right from jim sarics mouth it is possibly where the next world record will come from . honey harbour and the moon and french rivers are great places to hunt muskies but bear in mind it is big water dont under estimate it and dont expect to show up and start pulling them in .tight lines !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)