Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Tracker Tundra 18'??????????????

Reply New post
Message Subject: Tracker Tundra 18'??????????????
Grog
Posted 2/22/2003 10:55 PM (#61114)
Subject: Tracker Tundra 18'??????????????

Anyone own or have any experience with this boat?
How's the ride? Maintenance concerns? Looks like a nice boat. Lots of
storage - rod storage could be longer. Any thoughts or opinions would
be appreciated.
Muskie Treats
Posted 2/24/2003 9:57 AM (#61259 - in reply to #61114)
Subject: RE: Tracker Tundra 18'??????????????

Grog, my buddies is the midwest rep for these boats. Drop me a line and I can get you in contact with him. Through him you should be able to a test ride with him or a pro when the water softens up.
rpieske
Posted 3/1/2003 5:40 PM (#62062 - in reply to #61114)

My son bought the Tundra 18' last year. Really nice boat. I fished out of it on LOTW last summer. Pro's: really fast (63 mph w/ 150 Yamaha), dry ride, super storage and priced competitively. Con's: rocks in waves and wake because it sits high off the water, doesn't back up well..wants to go straight back and won't turn. I have a Lund Pro V 1900 with a 150 and this boat will run circles around me. Compared with my boat I believe the Tundra is a good buy for the dollar. I would probably buy one myself instead of the Lund if I were buying today. I would probably go for the 20' Tundra with a 200 hp Honda or Yamaha 4 stroke. Tracker Boats customer service on warranty work really sucked this past year. It took months and three different service managers (fired!) to straighten out the problems. Do not take the cover they sell with the boat. Buy a custom made cover. Their's ripped apart on the first trip, ruining the windshield and screwing up the paint. However, I still feel this is a really good boat.
ttesox
Posted 3/8/2003 5:19 PM (#62965 - in reply to #61114)

grog, have you looked at the crestliner 1850 musky edition?? great boat and gives you more for your money. e-mail me back at: [email protected]
dpratt
Posted 3/9/2003 10:09 PM (#63082 - in reply to #61114)

Like TTESOX mentioned, look at the Musky Edition. I just picked mine up over the weekend and can't wait for open water. I looked at the Tundra last fall, but the Crestliner won hands down.
dpratt
Posted 3/9/2003 10:12 PM (#63083 - in reply to #61114)

Like TTESOX mentioned, look at the Musky Edition. I just picked mine up over the weekend and can't wait for open water. I looked at the Tundra last fall, but the Crestliner won hands down.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)