Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Jimmy what is your hook up rate?

Message Subject: Jimmy what is your hook up rate?
Nell
Posted 9/2/2013 10:42 PM (#660977)
Subject: Jimmy what is your hook up rate?

I have been using the plastic tubed jimmy. Six strikes one hook up... in one day!! they have been hitting it side ways coming out of the water... bite marks but they aren't getting hooked. Common?
Johnsonu571
Posted 9/3/2013 7:45 AM (#660996 - in reply to #660977)
Subject: Re: Jimmy what is your hook up rate?

Try putting a split ring on the front of lure where you connect it to your leader attached with another hook, maybe there hitting just the head/ upper section of bait
Junkman
Posted 9/3/2013 8:26 AM (#661005 - in reply to #660977)

Here's a slightly different take: I take the Jimmy and cut off the whole back-end (tail) and use it that way also adding the split-ring in the front. Now, you might be thinking, "why do that, why not just use a tube altogether?" Well, it's a completely different thing this way with the leader connecting directly "in-line" not at all like a regular jig set-up where the leader connects on top and slightly to the rear. So, what you get instead of a jigging bait that lifts and sinks, is a glide bait that is going to work remarkably like a Phantom, Twisted Sucker, Hellhound etc. but not with all that weight that becomes a crowbar for prying away your musky. You just have to do this to see what happens. The added plus is that you will often find a complete bargain bin full of these from time to time for like five bucks apiece. Honestly, this might be the best "free" tip I've shared and you heard it here for the very first time!
Brad P
Posted 9/3/2013 9:24 AM (#661013 - in reply to #660977)

Junkman look into Water Wolf's casting rig 13" Gator Tube. They come stock doing exactly what you are describing. Unfortunately I've yet to find them in a bargain bin...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)