Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> North Twin Lake Advice

Message Subject: North Twin Lake Advice
CaptNKraut
Posted 8/26/2013 7:22 PM (#659716)
Subject: North Twin Lake Advice

I'm heading up to North Twin lake in Vilas county this weekend and I am hoping to get some muskie tips from you knowledgeable musky hunters. This will be my first time fishing the lake, so I have bought the hot spot map and researched whatever I could find about the lake. I understand that the lake is known for its night bite, and I should use natural colors for lures. What areas should I focus on, and what type of baits are good for this time of season? I would appreciate any help I can get. You can PM if you'd like. Thanks!
Grass
Posted 8/27/2013 1:20 PM (#659886 - in reply to #659716)
Subject: RE: North Twin Lake Advice

I fished N & S Twin all three days during the Alliance tourney this yr and the fishing was really tough. No fish were caught during the tourney on NT and only two fish were caught on ST and there were plenty of people pounding both lakes. I raised only two fish for 2.5 days of fishing. I'm no expert on either of these lakes, but I have had good luck in the past using fast moving surface baits if the water temps are not too high. If it is hot and sunny you may be better off trying another lake or fishing at night if you stay on the twins.

Grass,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)