Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, give a fisherman a $ 1.200.00 government stimulus check and he will go to Canada and Muskie fish!
- (Added by: pickolish1)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Used wire forming tool

Message Subject: Used wire forming tool
Jdoyle
Posted 8/18/2013 3:57 PM (#658063)
Subject: Used wire forming tool

Anybody have a used wire forming tool they would like to sell ? I am looking to get my son interested in something we can do together in the basement and making musky bucktails or spinners is something that interests him.

Also suggestions on a the best brand to purchase if I can save the money for a couple of rookies would be appreciated.

Thanks
MRichardson
Posted 8/19/2013 9:17 AM (#658154 - in reply to #658063)
Subject: RE: Used wire forming tool

I’m not sure what you are trying to make, but with a decent of pliers you can make anything with a wire in it.   I use these to make bucktails, spinner baits, topwaters, and crankbaits.  http://www.barlowstackle.com/German-Round-Nose-Nesting-Pliers-P1025.aspx

If you are making wire forms for a body style bait it may help to make a “peg board” system like the picture, but still with a good set of pliers and practice you can get things done pretty quick.

Edited by MRichardson 8/19/2013 9:18 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(wireformer.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments wireformer.JPG (54KB - 623 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)