Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Darkhouse Spearing in MI/WI Boundary Waters

Message Subject: Darkhouse Spearing in MI/WI Boundary Waters
IM Musky Time
Posted 8/12/2013 9:16 AM (#656914)
Subject: Darkhouse Spearing in MI/WI Boundary Waters

Please see the latest attempt by the Darkhouse group to open the Boundary Waters to pike spearing in the attachment...with the goal of eventually opening it to musky spearing as well. I have heard directly from Darkhouse about their intentions in committee meetings with the DNR, and this is the latest attempt. After speaking directly with DNR personnel from both Michigan and Wisconsin, there is no support for this agenda, although the resolution makes it seem as if there already is on the MI side.

Along with the slippery slope of opening spearing on the BW, it would also put a low density population of muskies in harm's way to an uneducated or unethical spearer. I will be responding to this with a letter from the Boundary Waters Musky Club. I would encourage you to send your opinions on the issue as well. I am hoping a swift response from the musky angling community will put these discussions to bed quickly.

Comments can be sent to Mike Donofrio:

Michael Donofrio
Lower Fox/ Upper Green Bay Fisheries Supervisor
Bureau of Fisheries Management
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
Peshtigo Service Center
101 N Ogden Rd
Peshtigo, WI 54157
(?) phone: (715)582-5050
(?) fax: (715) 582-5005
(?) e-mail: [email protected]

Edited by IM Musky Time 8/12/2013 9:20 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments spearing resolution.pdf (106KB - 221 downloads)
fishyj
Posted 8/12/2013 11:53 AM (#656947 - in reply to #656914)
Subject: RE: Darkhouse Spearing in MI/WI Boundary Waters

Thanks Benj, I'll pass this along to the right people and hopefully get some emails going. Don't need to be spearing muskies on the lower Menominee where folks are trying to get a trophy fishery going, including the upriver stretches.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)