Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Casting to your boat pal's followers

Message Subject: Casting to your boat pal's followers
Herb_b
Posted 7/30/2013 3:53 PM (#654547 - in reply to #654260)
Subject: Re: Casting to your boat pal's followers

No, I'm still on my meds. Although I can't take them during the day because I have to drive.

Have to admit that I am getting a little stir-crazy because I had ankle reconstruction surgery a month ago and have been on crutches/knee caddy ever since. It was kind of a big deal with bone grafts from my leg, sawing, drilling and some rather big screws to hold it all together. I have actually only been on the water Muskie fishing twice all year because my ankle was getting so bad in June. I hope to get off the crutches/knee caddy in a couple weeks and then maybe in a couple more weeks I just might be able to get out fishing again.

But I can still play jokes on people. I'm thinking about going down to a boat landing, putting some fake dog poop on one the docks and then watch to see how people avoid it. I'm thinking some with a foot-print in it might have the greatest affect.
http://www.funslurp.com/stepped-in-dog-poop?gclid=CJyNt-6A2LgCFchDM...
http://compare.ebay.com/like/190868471714?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPric...

Or maybe go to a golf course and put this out and watch people walk by it:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/320778651274?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPric...

At least I can cast toys to the cats. Hard to figure-8 sitting on the couch though.

Good day all

Edited by Herb_b 7/30/2013 3:55 PM
esox99
Posted 7/30/2013 4:47 PM (#654556 - in reply to #654260)
Subject: RE: Casting to your boat pal's followers

In our boat we normally all figure 8 for a lazy fish but let the first person to raise a really hot muskie keep figure 8-ing alone. On swim-offs we may let the person who raised it get the first cast back, but after that we alternate. One of my biggest southern muskies was a swim-off from my wife's figure 8 - she still talks about that one
Propster
Posted 7/30/2013 4:51 PM (#654558 - in reply to #654260)

They let you drive??
klcb
Posted 7/30/2013 8:52 PM (#654607 - in reply to #654260)

man who cares. as long as someone gets bit, someone get the net,unless you are fishing against one another, then theres a fine line [get the hell out of my boat]
ESOX Maniac
Posted 7/31/2013 7:35 AM (#654667 - in reply to #654607)

I'm with Ja Rule - on this one. Its a team effort. If you're the one with the follow just say "fish"! Other guy freezes, no boat noise or movement. If the other guy is in mid retrieve w/ non floating lure - if you have to, continue retrieve to the boat - then freeze.

Herb- you are wicked funny!

Have fun!
Al
Netman
Posted 7/31/2013 9:36 AM (#654694 - in reply to #654260)

It's not a problem as long as the partner doesn't brag to much. I had brought a fish in on topwater and it swam under the boat the next cast my partner had it eat his suick boatside. He won the league night with a 43" fish. I was happy that he caught it but all the talk about his skill in getting the fish to hit boatside was a little much when he couldn't get a lab to follow him with a T-bone in his hand.
Netman (every boat needs a good one)
Top H2O
Posted 7/31/2013 10:19 AM (#654710 - in reply to #654694)

Just my opinion, but when I go muskie fishing I'm all about boating the fish........
Doesn't matter who in the boat does the catching.
I almost get as much a thrill out of Netting other ppls fish than having someone net mine.
I've had follows that went off and in a different direction and told my boat partner to cast over there,...... and WHAM ! they nailed it,...... That's exciting to me.

Jrome
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)