Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Strange Muskie Catches

Message Subject: Strange Muskie Catches
Posted 4/30/2013 8:57 PM (#638541 - in reply to #637512)
Subject: RE: Strange Muskie Catches

Was fishin indianas barbee chain yesterday in higher than normal water levels and had a mid forties crush a fat az raptor jerkbait fought it within two feet of the net when she shook the hook, on further inspection one of her teeth was stuck on the rear treble
flyingfish8604
Posted 4/30/2013 10:15 PM (#638553 - in reply to #637512)
Subject: Re: Strange Muskie Catches

2011, my wife and I were planning to fish a local lake. We left the house, forgot the suckers at home. We turned around and grabbed them, and we were off. We got the boat launched, and I went to rig the sucker. I reached for my gear bag, and realized I left it in the kitchen. I just so happened to bring an old harness my brother gave me YEARS ago. I figured, it was better than nothing. I have little to no patience when it comes to suckers, so my wife gets to babysit. We were fishing along a spot that I had been drooling over ALL year. All of a sudden, the sucker stays put, as we continue on. I thought for sure the stupid sucker swam off and buried itself in the thick weeds (my favorite). My wife grabs the rod and looks at me funny. I asked her what was going on. She said she wasn't quite sure. I asked her if there was a fish on there. Before she could answer, she set the hook hard. The next thing I see is a gold side, flash past the side of the boat. Two seconds later, the line goes limp, and I see the sucker still on the harness. Our hearts sank. I pulled the sucker out, and checked it over. There was a gash on its side deep enough that I could see the spine. My wife is ready to cry for loosing a fish on a old crispy sucker harness. I told her not to worry. I pitched the almost dead sucker back to see if it was even alive. It was, and started kicking. All of a sudden, all I see is mouth and teeth, and no more sucker. I waited a few seconds, and set the hooks as hard as I could. The fish swirled, and I saw the sucker fly out of its mouth, but she still had hooks. After a little battle, the fish was in the bag. A fat 41.25", still my PB. Took some pics and sent her back. As we are celebrating, a little old lady came flying down to the water to let us know she had hung up on her son to watch what was going on. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the day that started so wrong, but ended so beautifully.
ski' patrol
Posted 5/1/2013 10:07 AM (#638605 - in reply to #637512)

This one was about as strange as I've ever caught. Poor little fella...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Kruegerski.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Kruegerski.jpg (155KB - 201 downloads)
JKahler
Posted 5/1/2013 1:24 PM (#638638 - in reply to #637512)
Subject: Re: Strange Muskie Catches

Hooked one trolling and it jumped right away. Started reeling it in and lost it soon after. Reeled in a bunch of slack and hooked it again. Came in hooked under the mouth. I think it rolled in the line when it jumped, then I reeled the slack that was around the fish and the bait ended up near the mouth again. It was definately not hooked for a little while. Strange.
schrump
Posted 5/1/2013 5:43 PM (#638677 - in reply to #638536)

LAst year fishing a bass tournament on Forest lake here in the metro. Found a bunch of nice bass stacked up on a weed edge...A larger predator was also utilizing that same weed edge. I set the hook on a bass about three and a half pounds or so, in typical bass fashion, the fish went airborne. Mid- air the bass is slammed by a 43" Muskie that was also simultaneously airborne, the Muskie lost it's grasp on the bass but was determined to eat it's meal. I'm trying to get the bass to the boat as quickly as possible when the muskie shows up boatside. Don't know if it was just dumb instinct on my part or what, but for some reason I automatically went into a figure eight with the bass, and on the second turn the Muskie hammered it. Girlfriend grabs the net, wipes out on way to front of boat, and nets both fish at the same time. Unfortunately the bass was too mangled to weigh in as we finished under 3 Lbs. out of first place. Did get a nice photo memory of a chunky lil' 43"er though.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)