Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake Fin and Feather

Message Subject: Eagle Lake Fin and Feather
Troutwater
Posted 4/10/2013 11:36 AM (#633297)
Subject: Eagle Lake Fin and Feather

Has anyone fished muskies out of this Fin and Feather Resort on Eagle before? I know it's in the river and will be heading there mid to late August. Never been there before and this will be my first trip to Eagle. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
Musky Brian
Posted 4/10/2013 1:15 PM (#633329 - in reply to #633297)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Fin and Feather

You will be within striking distance of some good fishing spots at that location...Pecker Point, the massive weed beds at the north end of Eagle Bay and Boulder Bay, Sky's Reef and the weeds behind it, Coleman's Reef, countless others...the massive weed beds can be tiresome to fish and take some time to map out and learn but there are some giants mixed in there along with big pike.

Lures..mix of cowgirls and double 8's ( black and smoke blades is a favorite of many)

Eagle can be difficult for beginners, a guide would not be the worst idea

good luck
gmanny1
Posted 4/10/2013 5:42 PM (#633389 - in reply to #633329)

Brian is F&F in a high traffic area far as fishing pressure and is it near alot of other lodges?Thanks
gman
muskyadamovich
Posted 4/10/2013 8:34 PM (#633484 - in reply to #633389)

No. It's not high pressured at all. Tons of good spots and we never were crowded the first week of August in2011. Saw Saric filming and a few other boats in the areas we were fishing
Musky Brian
Posted 4/10/2013 10:55 PM (#633526 - in reply to #633389)

Well, everyone kinda has their own definition of pressure. There will be several other lodges in that area and houses as well.The musky fishing pressure is a bit lighter then other parts of the lake but it won't be uncommon to see other boats on a few of the more popular spots...certainly lots of water in that area to choose from, the navigation can get real hairy the further east/south you go as well, it will be more important to avoid landmines.
Troutwater
Posted 4/11/2013 7:21 AM (#633564 - in reply to #633526)

Thanks for the info. Is the fishing hot spots map pretty good for the area, or the canadian explorer series? Looks like there could be a lot of good spots south of the big opening across the lake. Is it worth going down there, or just as good closer to and in the river?
Musky Brian
Posted 4/11/2013 2:04 PM (#633685 - in reply to #633564)

Troutwater - 4/11/2013 7:21 AM

Thanks for the info. Is the fishing hot spots map pretty good for the area, or the canadian explorer series? Looks like there could be a lot of good spots south of the big opening across the lake. Is it worth going down there, or just as good closer to and in the river?

Yeah there's good spots down there...the problem is driving through that area is very tricky and dangerous if you don't know the path. I don't think people really fish much in the river itself, I've seen a few by the mouth but have never heard of anyone actually targeting the river.
Brugger
Posted 5/10/2013 1:58 PM (#640434 - in reply to #633297)

New to the forum. I have been to this lodge three times with my wife. We already scheduled our trip for this years muskie opener. Bruce and Kim are great. Great food. Make sure you try the hot wings. Fishing is awesome even in the river for Muskie. Make sure you don't blow through all the time. My wife caught her first muskie with the guide they have. His name is Loran. He's lived on the indian reserve all his life thats on the lake. He knows the lake like that back of his hand. My wifes first Muskie was 49 inches (My wife was on the front of there brosure this year). We're still looking for the that 50 plus incher. We have had many follows the exceed that mark. I would suggest a guide for the first day you are there. Just to get a lay of the land. A lot of hazards in the water that are not always marked. Treven is the dock boy. He's training to become a guide himself. His dad is a guide for another lodge. He is young but knows the lake well. When we come back I will send you some info on what they were biting on with pictures. Good luck.
Troutwater
Posted 5/13/2013 7:15 AM (#640924 - in reply to #633297)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Fin and Feather

I've heard Loren is a really good guide. I'll be going up August 17th to the 24th with my cousin, but he isn't as big of a muskie fisherman. I'm really looking forward to the trip since I'll be the first out of my friends and family to fish Eagle. Bruce and Kim do seem like great people. Anyone who goes out of their way to help others like they did last summer over the Bear Trail closure has to be good hearted people. Thanks for offering up some information, looking forward to the trip!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)