Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Minnesota Musky Expo

Message Subject: Minnesota Musky Expo
Tamarack
Posted 4/8/2013 11:01 PM (#632904)
Subject: Minnesota Musky Expo

Just got home from the show earlier today. It was one of the best shows I have been to this year (13). We had so much interest in our camp and our area it was just awesome. Met many of our current customers and some new ones face to face for the first time. Thank-you Paul for putting on a great show and to all of the other vendors for making it what it is. I hope the ice is gone before the Musky Opener on Lake of the Woods.

Todd
bowhunter29
Posted 4/9/2013 3:08 PM (#633043 - in reply to #632904)
Subject: Re: Minnesota Musky Expo

Agreed! It was a great show. On top of the awesome sales, I was able to meet tons of great people- both attendees and vendors. Paul does such a great job running it and I'm already looking forward to the 2014 show!

jeremy
SH9761
Posted 4/9/2013 11:25 PM (#633162 - in reply to #632904)

good show with some awesome baits but I didn't really see any sweet deals? did I miss them? we actually noticed some baits where priced higher then some retailers, seen a lot of guys walking around with rods maybe they had deals going on them,
bowhunter29
Posted 4/10/2013 10:17 AM (#633266 - in reply to #632904)

We had our crankbaits on sale, buy one get the second 1/2 price. Our bucktails were buy one get the second $5 off. Our rods were marked down $50 off retail. TI had some sweet deals and I know there were others. Sorry you missed out.

jeremy
FAT-SKI
Posted 4/10/2013 11:31 AM (#633296 - in reply to #633266)

There were plenty of deals to be had around the show. I found a few myself. However, that being said, I agree with what the other guy said. Some booths were selling their stuff for more than what it costs at Thorne Bros or Reeds. WHY? I have no idea.... I do know that it stopped me from buying a few different baits at the show. I ended up getting them for the normal retail at the retail vendors. It just seems like there is a lack of common sense for some of the vendors. Mark up the price so no ones buys from you? That just seems silly, But a lot of guys did that. Who knows... It was frusterating though
jchiggins
Posted 4/10/2013 11:48 AM (#633298 - in reply to #632904)

Why would Thorne bros andReeds be there if all their vendors sold baits at wholesale cost. I think a lot of vendors sell customs " show " colors and let their retailers sell the rest of their line. Wished I could have made it. Spent Saturday getting x rays and a cast . Everybody I talked to said it was a great show.

Edited by jchiggins 4/10/2013 11:51 AM
Brad P
Posted 4/10/2013 11:49 AM (#633299 - in reply to #632904)

It is bad form for a tackle maker to under cut a retailer selling their product, especially at the same show, so that axe swings the other way too. Also keep in mind that in many cases the vendor will be offering custom show colors vs. the retailer offering standard retail colors. The vendors tend to charge a premium for these limited run baits.

IMO, musky bait are not cheap, but how cool is it that we have the opportunity, if only a few times a year, to get a bait made exactly the way we want it or in a very unique color? I'll gladly pay an extra $5-$10 buck for this kind of service. You can't really call up Rapala and say "hey I want a Husky Jerk handpainted with colors XYZ." In the musky world we have manufacturers who are all pushing the envelope and trying to comu up with new ideas that catch fish. Woe upon us should that ever end.
Pal
Posted 4/10/2013 12:08 PM (#633311 - in reply to #633162)

Deals where there to be had. I got a sweet deal on a Calcutta D, and also a new map chip.

SH9761 - 4/9/2013 11:25 PM

good show with some awesome baits but I didn't really see any sweet deals? did I miss them? we actually noticed some baits where priced higher then some retailers, seen a lot of guys walking around with rods maybe they had deals going on them,
bowhunter29
Posted 4/10/2013 12:32 PM (#633313 - in reply to #632904)

Abu Garcia had a sweet deal on their new blue rods paired up with an NaCL. If I didn't build my own rods, I'd have walked out of there with one!

jeremy
Tackle Industries
Posted 4/10/2013 12:52 PM (#633321 - in reply to #633299)

Brad P - 4/10/2013 11:49 AM

It is bad form for a tackle maker to under cut a retailer selling their product, especially at the same show, so that axe swings the other way too. Also keep in mind that in many cases the vendor will be offering custom show colors vs. the retailer offering standard retail colors. The vendors tend to charge a premium for these limited run baits.

Good point on this Brad. All of the musky shows Tackle Industries did this year we gave ALL of our custom colors to our retailers and we only carried our stock colors. It really helped them get the draw for customers. Tackle Industries also does some other things for retailers through the year with deep discount on the wholesale prices so they can run specials. This economy is hard right now so anything we can do to help our retailers run a few specials through the year works well for the customers, retailers and for us. Please support our retailers when you can. If they don't have what you want, all you need to do is ask them to contact me and I will drop ship an order to help out.

Have a great Spring!
James

Edited by Tackle Industries 4/10/2013 12:55 PM
nate_r21
Posted 4/10/2013 12:53 PM (#633322 - in reply to #633313)

That was a great deal on the NaCL/Volatile combo but I went with the $80 off on the Calcutta D! Can't wait to use that reel. I got a few other custom baits also. It was great show.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)