Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Dayton Ohio Muskie Fisherman

Message Subject: Dayton Ohio Muskie Fisherman
Shoot2Kill
Posted 4/2/2013 3:18 AM (#631271)
Subject: Dayton Ohio Muskie Fisherman

I'm leaving on Saturday for Dayton, OH for a 12 week tech school for the Air National Guard and am bringing my boat with just to fish muskies out there on the weekends! I'm from MN and have never fished them this early in the spring and am looking for some ideas as to what types of baits I should have with me. Can you spring muskie guys suggest a few? I'd also be open to any suggestions about fishing stragety this time of year.

I'll have my boat with, but would love to jump in with someone in the local area the first time or two out if anyone wants to share their boat. I'll only be there until the end June and I don't know a sole in OH so it would be fun to fish with others from the area.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan
Chain Gang
Posted 4/2/2013 3:38 AM (#631273 - in reply to #631271)
Subject: Re: Dayton Ohio Muskie Fisherman

Ryan, I am an Ohio musky fisherman and ANG member. Pm me a phone number and we can try to set something up.
esoxbuckeye
Posted 4/2/2013 11:02 AM (#631339 - in reply to #631271)

Come to one of the Southwest Ohio Muskie Association (Muskies Inc. Chapter 56) meetings and meet a good group of guys that fish the Dayton area. We meet the 2nd Thursday of every month. Our next meeting is Thursday, April 11. We meet at Woodman Lanes on Woodman Drive in Kettering. Meetings typically run from 6:30-9:00. Also check out our club website www.soma56.com.

Nick
Shoot2Kill
Posted 4/2/2013 1:54 PM (#631390 - in reply to #631339)

Thanks for the info Nick. I actually just registered for the SOMA site this morning and was going to post tonight when I can use a computer and not my phone. I was going to ask about the next meeting - I'll be there. Thank you!
cave run legend
Posted 4/2/2013 2:01 PM (#631392 - in reply to #631390)

CC will probably be different than any lake you have fished due to no weeds and extremely sharp breaks.
jdeezay74
Posted 4/2/2013 3:35 PM (#631431 - in reply to #631271)
Subject: RE: Dayton Ohio Muskie Fisherman

Try Indiana. brookeville lake, not sure in what area you going to be located in but it's just west of Dayton big body of water( for the area) lots of area to fish. My buddy lives on it he fishes bass big time but always is catching skis. Try the dam area up to the causeway road. He says there's some good fish in there. Just thought I'd give ya another option.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)