Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> musky line

Message Subject: musky line
Posted 3/25/2013 9:18 PM (#629742)
Subject: musky line

I just got a new revo toro NaCl 50, I loaded it with power pro super slick 65#, it was seeming to dig into its self and backlash too much. I am thinking about taking it off and putting it on a reel that I will use to throw lighter stuff. Any suggestions on what should work well on this setup? Thinking regular power pro in 80 or 100 #
RyanJoz
Posted 3/25/2013 9:26 PM (#629746 - in reply to #629742)
Subject: Re: musky line

Be sure to spool the line as tight as you can get it. I run 65 lb on toro 50s with no problem but the line must be very tight
Posted 3/25/2013 9:34 PM (#629751 - in reply to #629742)
Subject: RE: musky line

That might be my problem, just spooled it up at home and went down to the river to test it out. I am hoping to get the boat out this weekend where I could let it out and spool it tighter, just second guessing my line choice, I almost bought 80 and sort of wish I had.
ILmuskie
Posted 3/26/2013 7:39 AM (#629799 - in reply to #629742)
Subject: Re: musky line

I dont have problem with 65 lbs and 80 lbs Power Pro also I use 50 lbs for bass and 30 lbs for walleye! Make sure that reel is not too loose and turn little tight and if you open spool and let lure go down easy then thats just right and keep pratice casting. Casting a lot and will less backlash. Just be careful casting during windy!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)