Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Spring lake

Message Subject: Spring lake
Billy Dancer
Posted 4/3/2013 11:28 AM (#631607 - in reply to #631579)
Subject: Re: Spring lake

I will second that emotion Bjayz. My hole still hurts from the pounding this lake gave me this weekend.
phishmasta
Posted 4/3/2013 12:26 PM (#631619 - in reply to #624915)

Spawn is underway over there. I was there last friday and so was the hatchery guys with their truck backed up to the ramp putting all the females that they took eggs from back into the lake. They are done with the netting now, but most of the fish in the lake are still spawning. Give it a few weeks and it should be on fire over there...
Medinah13
Posted 4/17/2013 8:32 PM (#635579 - in reply to #624915)

How's the fishing been?
Toro
Posted 4/20/2013 4:33 AM (#636218 - in reply to #624915)

Fishin was picking up before the storms and crazy weather hit. Water temps were approaching 60 and things were stabilizing a bit. Other than dealing with a lot of wind daily, it was not bad. Now, the water temps dropped again and the forecast is up and down for next week. I actually extended my season down there due to the fact that it will still be getting better in May and the fact that my home waters of the Fox Chain are closed due to flooding. If anybody is a non-boater or just wants to learn a bit about the lake, feel free to hit me up. I have a few dates open here and there for early/mid May. I would be happy to get you out. Hope this info helps.
Billy Dancer
Posted 4/24/2013 11:50 AM (#637200 - in reply to #624915)
Subject: RE: Spring lake

Any truth to the rumor that the leavy may break and all the water drains?
Hoffy
Posted 4/24/2013 8:36 PM (#637319 - in reply to #637200)

I have family that lives on springlake and many of the homes have moved out their belongings. There are two levee's with one being the springlake levee and the other the Illinois river levee which is much larger. If the Illinois river levee breaks they will have a few hours to evacuate. Springlake will become home to Asian carp and many of the musky will have escaped to the river. Not including the massive loss to all the personnel property.
We all hope and pray the levee will remain intact.
Toro
Posted 4/24/2013 9:59 PM (#637343 - in reply to #624915)

Exactly what Hoffy said. So far things are ok and with the forecast calling for no rain in the next week or so is definitely a positive! The lake looks good and no real flooding, so hopefully all stays well!
Billy Dancer
Posted 5/1/2013 11:26 AM (#638616 - in reply to #624915)

Did the leavys blow out yet?
Toro
Posted 5/5/2013 8:57 PM (#639348 - in reply to #624915)

Well, I have one week left on Spring. Just like the crazy weather we had this spring, the fishing was up and down. Some days we pounded them and other days, not so much. We have caught some nice fish and have lost some good ones too. We have seen some fish that I think would surprise most people about this lake. Of course the average fish here are 33-38" but many fish bigger than that swim in here. It's a great lake to kick off the year on. I hope to pound a few more decent ones this week before I head back up to Northern Il and Southern Wi and start guiding up there. I learned a few more tricks and techniques to put fish in the boat under tough conditions. Great thing about this sport is you can never stop learning and it's always a never ending challenge!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)