Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> UV lures/paint ?

Message Subject: UV lures/paint ?
jimjimjim
Posted 1/22/2013 10:32 AM (#611514)
Subject: UV lures/paint ?

Anyone notice that they have more action on UV rubber and UV painted hard baits ? Also, where can I buy UV paint ? -- thanksalot -- jim
rjhyland
Posted 1/22/2013 4:57 PM (#611623 - in reply to #611514)
Subject: Re: UV lures/paint ?

Jim,
I have some UV baits and I don't have enough data to say that a UV bait gets more follows or hits than one that is not UV. I get follows on both and the fish I did land this year were caught on the ones that were non UV, but they may have hit a UV bait if I was throwing that at that particular spot and time......who knows.
I bought this UV paint at fishvisionpaint.com and used that to paint a blank and do some re paints and blades. I tried a few colors and the Red painted on looking almost Cotton Candy Pink and the Blue painted on looking a light sky blue, allot lighter that the coloring on the jar lids and the clear coat it comes with is UV as well.
The blank I painted was a Sea Cow and it was cool to get a few follows on it.
Good luck,
Ron

Tackle Industries
Posted 1/22/2013 5:31 PM (#611634 - in reply to #611514)
Subject: Re: UV lures/paint ?

About half the baits you buy will already have UV paints on them. I hit my tackle box with a UV light and it lit up like a christmas tree. Funny thing to me was, some of the colors I thought would be UV had not effect when hit with the light...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)