Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> trinidad for rubber?

Message Subject: trinidad for rubber?
cave run legend
Posted 11/16/2012 10:04 AM (#598241)
Subject: trinidad for rubber?

I have a Trinidad 16n that I use for buctails on a tI 9' xh. It does well but for burning I tthink I would be happier putting it on my xxh. I wonder if the Trinidad would be good for using for rubber. I think that the only drawback would be no levell wind on the slack but I can live with that. Your thoughts please.
Mojo1269
Posted 11/16/2012 11:07 AM (#598247 - in reply to #598241)
Subject: Re: trinidad for rubber?

I have used the 16 for Rubber over the years. it does a good job. If you are doing a lot of ripping you need to be mindfull of how the loose line is stacking on the reel. If you are straight reeling there is enough weight/resistance where it should load up fine.
kap
Posted 11/16/2012 7:43 PM (#598311 - in reply to #598247)

trinidad works great in freezing conditions as there is more space for frozen line.
as mentioned ripping or pulling to the side can be a problem but pointing straight at bait and jigging upward works fine.
anzomcik
Posted 11/18/2012 8:22 PM (#598522 - in reply to #598241)

I cant not speak from personal experience, but my advise is to take your 700TE off your xxh Ti rod and screw that trinidad on that pole. Then go and try it, you may find that you like the combo for both blades and heavy baits. Worst case you dont like it and put things back the way they were.

Remember your the person holding the rod, if it feels right in your hands that all that matters. Heck I know a guy who uses a Tranx for 1oz spinner baits.

That xxh trinidad combo may be your next favorite combo and it may open up space in your rod locker
Mr Musky
Posted 11/21/2012 8:36 PM (#599047 - in reply to #598241)

Ive thought about doing the same but I rip to the side so I dont think it would work well. I currently use my TE700 on my TI XXH and it works great.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)