Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle River/Three Lakes

Message Subject: Eagle River/Three Lakes
matt_steinbach
Posted 8/14/2012 6:43 AM (#577946)
Subject: Eagle River/Three Lakes

I am planning on going out on either the Three Lakes or Eagle River Chains this evening. I have never been out on the Three Lakes Chain and I have spent only a few hours out on Catfish Lake on the Eagle River Chain. If I go out on the ER chain I plan on concentrating my efforts on Yellow Birch and Watersmeet Lakes as well as the river between them. I am not sure where I would go on the three lakes chain. Just looking for any lure or location suggestions that anyone would be willing to share. PM or email with responses. Thanks.
Tone
Posted 8/14/2012 7:57 PM (#578163 - in reply to #577946)
Subject: RE: Eagle River/Three Lakes

Sorry for the late response. If you are thinking about hitting the Three Lakes chain, you wont have to go too far from wherever you launch to find decent spots. If you launch on Big Stone, hit both sides of the point near the water skiing area. (dont be afraid to hit it deeper as well as shallow). Also the shoreline across from the golf course on the 32 side has a nice weed bed. Dont forget to work the channel that heads into Laurrel.

If you launch on Medicine cast your arms off. lots of great spots here including open water to work. Hit the north East bay, Denby Island, and the South West point (near the channel to Laurrel).

It is tough to go wrong throwing bucktails. Remember, they dont need to be the size of a coffee table either!

Hope this helps, and Good luck!
elTim164
Posted 8/15/2012 2:30 PM (#578462 - in reply to #577946)
Subject: Re: Eagle River/Three Lakes

I did fairly well there with a jointed rapala earlier in the year.

They are lakes like any other fish the spots that look like the ones that you would fish on other lakes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)