Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: from Jonesi: !"Motor?We don't need no stinking motor!" Steve
- (Added by: mikie)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Humidor ideas?

Message Subject: Humidor ideas?
Uptown
Posted 8/6/2012 9:57 PM (#576381)
Subject: Humidor ideas?

O.K. I want to make a cool Muskie/ fishing themed humidor. I am having a hard time coming up with a cool idea.

Anyone have a cool idea or own/ made one before?

Joe
[email protected]
SolarFall
Posted 8/8/2012 8:15 AM (#576705 - in reply to #576381)
Subject: Re: Humidor ideas?

well first thing that comes to my mind are, you could imitate muskie coloration and pattern that it has maybe make the whole thing like like it was cut as cross section from an actual muskie . then if you really want to go crazy carve an actual muskie head to the humidor, that would look pretty cool but would probably take a looong time to carve.
Pikiespawn
Posted 8/8/2012 5:39 PM (#576855 - in reply to #576705)

Could this be a "gift" for the world famous angler "Capt. Bigfish"?? I know he loves the stogies...

PS Richardson has already re-hurt his knee, and i'm sure the "capt." is crabby
Capt bigfish
Posted 8/8/2012 6:13 PM (#576864 - in reply to #576855)

I'm still on probation from a previous "incident" on the new Peterson vessel. My guess is Mr Uptown is looking for a home version humidor. Maybe the new house will have the mancave styled walk in kind? Pikie-I can see Big Ben and the Paterno family being friends.
Tigger
Posted 8/8/2012 7:48 PM (#576875 - in reply to #576381)

Funny this came up Joe.

Today at work my boss had me order 48 sheet of "Spanish Cedar" in 1/2" plywood. He did not tell me who or what the scope of work was, he just said details to come later as he walked out my office. I know it is used for Humidors. I was thinking holly cow this will be an interesting project. Is this for you? LOL It is a 2-1/2 week leadtime to get the material. Are you and Duff up to something?

Duff our Indians crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait I just heard Haden tested postive for drugs and one of our #1 draft choices may have to get knee surgery.

Joe I know whatever you do it will cool!

John
Pikiespawn
Posted 8/8/2012 10:26 PM (#576926 - in reply to #576875)

I knew he would be "crabby" I'll take Ben over the next brownie QB in the parade.
Uptown
Posted 8/9/2012 2:42 PM (#577073 - in reply to #576381)
Subject: RE: Humidor ideas?

Solar - thanks, that is what I was kind of thinking. I think that I might do something like a DeYoung painting . Super close up of the head. The carving crossed my mind. It will have to be a long cold winter though for me to get motivated to do that much carving

Mark and John - the Captain is on a three month probation from any tobacco or PBR tall boy usage in my boat. Unfortunately I didn't like the exterior remodel I had to clean up

The Homidor is for me. I need a place to store the collection at home and want to make something cool. John, send some pics of the finished product.

The "Browns"? Are they some sort of Women's softball team or something? Never heard of them

jakejusa
Posted 8/10/2012 12:35 PM (#577294 - in reply to #576381)

I was going to do this with one of my cherry wood humidors. I was going to use white oak and do inlays of Muskies in different poses. Chasing a baitfish around the corner etc...I had it all drawn out then quit smoking before I cut a board! Wanna buy some humidors?
Uptown
Posted 8/10/2012 11:22 PM (#577378 - in reply to #576381)

Jake,

I might be interested. Send me an email with a pic or two if you could?

[email protected]
Beaver
Posted 8/14/2012 4:26 PM (#578095 - in reply to #577378)

Jaws on the cover, just like boiled shark jaws that they hang in different places. The jaws and teeth with something etched inside of the mouth on the lid..
I have a humidor that I bought by accident. I thought it was a one-drawer thing with a tabletop that you would put in the dining room for dishes or silverware storage......BUT I was wrong. The thing is from the early 1900's, and what I thought was a big deep drawer actually folded down like a draw bridge that exposed a 2' cube like an antique fridge. The right side has a 2'x2' copper door that closes over a 2' seamless copper box. It is full of cigars from a special place and all of the cigars are all at least 5 years old and it's never needed water and retains a 50-60 temp range all on its own. The draw bridge opens with a key and the old fridge side has a shelf in it and is a great hiding place. But I never put anything in it, really!
I think I'll sit on the front porch and have one tonight.
Uptown
Posted 8/16/2012 3:35 PM (#578791 - in reply to #576381)

Wow Beaver, nay one sounds cool ! I like the Jaws idea ( watching "Shark week" as we speak )
Uptown
Posted 8/17/2012 1:32 PM (#579013 - in reply to #576381)

That should read "that one" sounds cool. Darn auto spell
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)