Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Boat Cover "poles"

Reply New post
Message Subject: Boat Cover "poles"
Propster
Posted 6/18/2012 10:10 PM (#566092)
Subject: Boat Cover "poles"

For those of you that don't have indoor storage and use a cover on your boat between fishing trips, and your boat does not have the perfect setup for maintaining high spots (and no low spots) on the cover for drainage, have you found a commercially available adjustable pole with a good base you can set out in various places to keep the cover up? Specifically I have an older 690vs and with the heavy rain we've had recently I'm getting some heavy duty puddling in two places - just forward and opposite the console windshield on the port side, and again behind the two seats (drivers seat and passenger seat next to it). If nothing heavy duty enough commercially available, anybody have luck with something homemade that is solid with a good base and maybe even a wide rounded top (to not tear the cover) that stays in place as you spread the cover? Your ideas (and pics) are appreciated.
horsehunter
Posted 6/19/2012 6:23 AM (#566130 - in reply to #566092)
Subject: Re: Boat Cover "poles"

A friend of mine made a framework out of pvc pipe that worked for him took a bit of fitting before final glueing but it worked for him. I have used a post from Wallmart with a large plastoc base and a smaller mushroom top with plastic slipjoint sections between. I cut a wooden dowel to the length I wanted and glued it between the two plastic ends does what I want.

I think it was made by Sterns

Edited by horsehunter 6/19/2012 6:50 AM
Shep
Posted 6/19/2012 10:28 PM (#566378 - in reply to #566130)

2 X 4's cut to length and sanded on the contact edges?

PVC frame sounds like it will work, too. But not so easy to deal with when on the road.
horsehunter
Posted 6/20/2012 6:21 AM (#566400 - in reply to #566092)

The PVC frame dosent go on the road it is used at home when the boat sits . On the road pooling is not much of an issue because the boat is in use daily.
Jimminy Cricket
Posted 6/20/2012 8:01 AM (#566424 - in reply to #566092)
Subject: RE: Boat Cover "poles"

Get one of those adjustable length shower curtain rods.
Put a plastic plate on the top where it contacts the cover.
Problem solved.
Scott
Posted 6/21/2012 12:17 PM (#566713 - in reply to #566092)
Subject: RE: Boat Cover "poles"

I take my back pedestal seat, flip it upside down, take a tennis ball and cut it open and place it on end of pedestal base. Place it on the floor where the "low spot that collects water" and it perfectly drains any water off the cover. Works perfect...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)