Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> BullDog Lures

Message Subject: BullDog Lures
mr teeth
Posted 4/26/2012 4:17 PM (#555992)
Subject: BullDog Lures

How well do the BullDog lures work on big muskie?
PounderDawg
Posted 4/26/2012 4:26 PM (#555995 - in reply to #555992)
Subject: Re: BullDog Lures

Bulldawgs work great, I love throwing mag, doubles, pounders, regulars, all of them. Work great in the fall.
Ja Rule
Posted 4/26/2012 4:53 PM (#556003 - in reply to #555992)
Subject: RE: BullDog Lures

My absolute favorite baits, can't hardly fish them wrong. All of them are great, shallow dawgs over shallow flats or weeds, regulars on deep weed lines and for suspended fish. Mags and Pounders for the big girls and aggressive fish. IMO one of the best musky baits ever made.
Posted 4/26/2012 5:01 PM (#556005 - in reply to #555992)
Subject: RE: BullDog Lures

They work great!
curleytail
Posted 4/26/2012 10:15 PM (#556071 - in reply to #555992)

Bulldawgs are great baits. I usually use them over deeper water but they can be worked around weeds and rocks too if you work a little to keep them shallow. Some guys like the shallow versions for that too. The quality of Dawgs has improved a lot in the last few years and I don't mind buying them now. Super D's are also a great bait and the price is excellent. Shack Attack Curly Sues are amazingly durable and also priced quite well for the quality you get.

Last but certainly not least is the H20 Tackle Hardhead. They have a hard front 1/2 and a big grub tail back 1/2. The only part to wear out is the grub tail. It takes several fish to wear out and a replacement tail is around $3. Another great feature is the weight system the bait comes with. You can screw weights in or run it with nothing extra. Can be fished inches below the surface or 20 feet down. Awesome hooking bait too - I miss very few fish with these. Awesome bait worth your while to check out.
http://www.h2otackle.com/

Tucker
CiscoKid
Posted 4/27/2012 7:37 AM (#556112 - in reply to #556071)

curleytail - 4/26/2012 10:15 PM

Last but certainly not least is the H20 Tackle Hardhead. They have a hard front 1/2 and a big grub tail back 1/2. The only part to wear out is the grub tail. It takes several fish to wear out and a replacement tail is around $3. Another great feature is the weight system the bait comes with. You can screw weights in or run it with nothing extra. Can be fished inches below the surface or 20 feet down. Awesome hooking bait too - I miss very few fish with these. Awesome bait worth your while to check out.
http://www.h2otackle.com/

Tucker

Ditto! Save your money on the other baits and get yourself a Hardhead or three. Along with being able to change out tails that may get ruined, you can also mic and match color combos. Want an all black buy it that way. Want to have a black with orange tail just switch out the black tail with an orange one. No need to buy a whole new bait. Run them tail down in the summer, and then in the fall turn the tail up. Changes the drop speed of the bait and the action during the retrieve. Most versatile "rubber" bait out there, and has extremely good hook-ups due to the head being hard.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)