Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "How's come i can't cut that daggone braid with a knife, but i can sure cut my finger with it".
- (Added by: Turkeyt)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Airbrush

Message Subject: Airbrush
MANvsFISH
Posted 4/24/2012 1:43 AM (#555326)
Subject: Airbrush

Hey all,

Been checking out your lures for awhile and all I have to say is wow...great job. I'm thinking of starting to make some of my own, so my first question is what airbrush should a beginner be looking into? I will graduate college this spring so remember my budget is slim, but I am looking to make the most of my investment so if it is worth it please help me out.

Zac (aka MvF)
rtowns
Posted 4/24/2012 10:59 AM (#555395 - in reply to #555326)
Subject: RE: Airbrush

I use the Aztek A320. It cleans easily and user friendly, never had any issues with it. It meets all my painting needs so far. The price is reasonable also, around $50. IMO its a good beginner's brush.
jlammusky
Posted 4/24/2012 12:15 PM (#555406 - in reply to #555326)
Subject: Re: Airbrush

I have a badger patriot 105 pretty happy with it too
Zib
Posted 4/24/2012 1:44 PM (#555436 - in reply to #555326)

A good starter airbrush is the Iwata Neo Gravity Feed Dual-Action Airbrush. If you have a Hobby Lobby near you they sell it for $65 but you can print off their 40% off coupon & get it for $39 before tax.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/neo-series-gravity-feed-dual-ac...
Stan Durst 1
Posted 4/24/2012 2:57 PM (#555460 - in reply to #555436)

All kinds of good airbrushes out there, Again, it depends upon ones own personal taste. I use all Badgers with no problem what-so-ever.
I like siphon feed also. But than I do an awful lot of lures in a days time yet so I need what I can produce best with, I have 16 brushes in all. Seven at a time are hooked up at my booth as I spray wet over wet.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)