Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Urgent::

Message Subject: Urgent::
Muskiefool
Posted 4/26/2012 10:11 PM (#556070 - in reply to #556065)
Subject: Re: Urgent::

This I just got from Anglers for Habitat,

The Conference committee on the Game and Fish License increase is being held this evening. Make calls to all these legislators, then send me your snail mail address. YOU will get a free, frame-able 10in by 12in Al Agnew Largemouth Bass print (see attachment).

Tom Hackbarth 651-296-2439 E-mail: [email protected]
Mark Buesgens 651-296-5185 E-mail: [email protected]
Tony Cornish 651-296-4240 or 800-704-8525 E-mail: [email protected]
Denny McNamara 651-296-3135 E-mail: [email protected]
David Dill 651-296-2190 or 800-339-0466 E-mail: [email protected]

Bill Ingebritsen 651.297.8063 Email Address: [email protected]n
Paul Gazelka 651.296.4875 Email Address: [email protected]
John Carlson 651.296.4913 Email Address: [email protected]
Kari Dziedzic 651.296.7809
Jeremy Miller 651.296.5649 Email Address: [email protected]
Send your addy to Vern Wagner [email protected]m Compliments of Anglers for Habitat.
Kodiak_HL
Posted 4/27/2012 10:23 AM (#556157 - in reply to #554107)
Subject: Re: Urgent::

You know as well as everyone else on this forum that there is no answer to "is the current budget enough", when you take into account that there is no posted information regarding the DNR's budget that goes into any specific detail on how dollars are spend on projects, employee's, equipment, travel... fuel....various types of overhead etc. Does this information exist, of course it does. Is it readly available, my opinion is no.

What I am against is state/federal agencies saying things like "deep/drastic cuts" are going to have to take place if we don't get more money. But not going into any detail on what those cuts are. Leaving the end user (the tax payer) to only speculate on what those cuts are. Now maybe I'm completely wrong, but I wasn't able to find a list of the cuts that would be required if the license fee wasn't passed. If someone has that information please post it. Maybe if more people knew what the cuts would be, they wouldn't be so enthusiastic to fork over additional money for license fee's knowing that the increased funds may not be spend on items that they feel are relevant to the organization or groups primary responsibilities.

On the other hand, 10k if we are arguing just for the sake of arguing because we have differing view points. I think we can save everyone a bit of time and just discuss our viewpoints one on one.
tfoot
Posted 4/27/2012 3:23 PM (#556211 - in reply to #554107)
Subject: RE: Urgent::

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/heritage/impact.html

Has the price of fuel gone up in the past 11 years? Electricity? Paper? Goods in general? Are these increases a larger percentage than the proposed fee increase? Did the state have to spend any money on Zebs, VHS, and the like 11 years ago?
Muskiefool
Posted 4/27/2012 10:49 PM (#556316 - in reply to #556211)
Subject: RE: Urgent::

One vote to go then to the Governor. 

This morning about 12;30 am they agreed on the increase. There are a few things in the Bill that other groups may not like but the angling portion looks to be pretty clean; it would have however been better if they had the increase a bit higher so we would have more time till the next increase is needed.

I would urge you all to contact your legislators to vote yes on this important bill. Its not perfect but its pretty good, I think we can live with it and be happy in knowing that our efforts are working.

This session we saw no horrible legislation as I had feared would be put forth and we can support the common sense some of the legislators that we have previously had great differences with.

Your hard work, the calls you have made the letters you have written and the meetings and face time are paying off for us; and the fishery. We can all be proud that we have been a part of the process and we have helped.

We have better communication and have made wonderful connections over the past few years and its showing; although we have much work ahead and the fact that some would still love to see our fish depleted; and us go away, we stayed positive and we worked unbelievably hard.

So the last thing I would ask is that you call your legislators and say vote yes by using the voter voice or make a call.

Sincerely,

John Underhill

http://www.votervoice.net/Core/core.aspx?Screen=Alert&APP=GAC&AID=1356&IssueID=28567&SiteID=-1&VV_CULTURE=en-us

Here is the bill.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bin/bldbill.php?bill=ccrhf2171.html&session=ls87

Edited by Muskiefool 4/27/2012 10:50 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)