Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant

Message Subject: Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant
Fish and Whistle
Posted 3/28/2012 6:37 PM (#549170)
Subject: Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant

I wanted to give a big thanks to Tony and his crew at the Muskie Mountain Lodge. My buddy and I were down this past weekend and had an outstanding time. Everyone was super outgoing and their passion for muskies was easy to see. We fished with Dave Grochowski the first day and Jimmy Barnes the second. Both guys flat out busted their humps the full day to keep us in the game and made us feel very welcome in their boats. We are already planning our next trip down to Cave Run. Absolutely beautiful place and a very fun lake to fish.
pryan0225
Posted 3/28/2012 10:22 PM (#549216 - in reply to #549170)
Subject: RE: Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant

Small world....

My friend and I fished with Jimmy Barnes last Thursday and Friday (March 22-23). If Jimmy told you any stories about the two guys from Wisconsin that he just fished with, one of them was me.

Got a 24, 36, and a 40 and missed two others.

You haven't lived until you stayed at the Muskie Lodge, spent some time at the Muskie Shack and ate breakfast at "The Bull".

Pat
Brookfield, WI
Fish and Whistle
Posted 3/29/2012 8:13 PM (#549415 - in reply to #549170)
Subject: Re: Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant

Well, if you were the guy that jumped into the lake to retrieve jimmy's lucky hellhound or the guy that pooped his pants in the boat then yes, I did hear a few stories
ToddM
Posted 3/31/2012 10:02 PM (#549846 - in reply to #549170)

Jimmy Barnes the rock star from the land down under? How cool. Freight Train Heart is one of my favorite d's.
BuckeyeAl
Posted 4/1/2012 10:03 AM (#549904 - in reply to #549170)
Subject: RE: Big Thanks to Muskie Mountain Lodge & Tony Grant

I heading down to CRL on the 10th for a week and have one of Tony's guides booked for the 11th. I'm really looking forward to this trip since it will be my first muskie fishing trip.

Is it really Jimmie Barnes from Oz? I love his music. He's one of the best rock singers of all time!
4reukmuskies
Posted 4/1/2012 6:44 PM (#550003 - in reply to #549170)

I cannot agree more with F&W. My buddy Kevin and I were down there a week ago. We first went to Green River Lake and fished with Chris Haley from Buckhorn Guide Service and then we went over to Cave Run Lake and stayed at Tony's Mountain Muskie Lodge where we fished with Tony one day and Scott Salchli the other.

You musky nuts owe it to yourself to take a trip down there in the spring and fish with these guys. Chris had Kevin on a musky as big as any I have seen and Tony and Scott had us on fish constantly both the other days. These guys run top notch guide services and Tony's lodge not only has great accomodations, but it's a blast to hang out at. You won't be disappointed!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)