Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> 96 Lund Pro V 1890 livewell questions ?

Reply New post
Message Subject: 96 Lund Pro V 1890 livewell questions ?
Northwind Mark
Posted 10/2/2011 8:38 PM (#519084)
Subject: 96 Lund Pro V 1890 livewell questions ?

I just purchased a used 96 Lund Pro V and I am having a problem figuring out how both front and back livewells, and baitwells work on this boat. My aerators don't fill them at all, and there are some slide levers next to the console that don't seem to help anything either. I have no owners manual....which is a very frustrating item. I'm going to call Lund, but I also thought that I would try here also.
Love the boat, now I have to work out the bugs...
Thanks,
Mark
Captain
Posted 10/3/2011 9:58 AM (#519118 - in reply to #519084)
Subject: Re: 96 Lund Pro V 1890 livewell questions ?

Those slide levers I believe would be the valves that close the drain to the livewells. There should be an "open" and "Closed" position on them.
Do they have a plug in them? If so, it may be a sign that the valves dont work. If not, try putting a plug in the bottom and see if they fill then.
I am assuming that you are getting water to go into the livewells it is just not staying in there right?
Northwind Mark
Posted 10/3/2011 11:36 AM (#519121 - in reply to #519118)

Hi Captain,
The 2 slide levers have 3 positions: fill (forward position), empty, (middle), and recirculate.(back posiiton) I cannot fill any of the livewells electrically, only by pulling the plug out and letting them fill up.....and I only get about an inch or so in there.
I'm also wondering what fills the separate baitwells??

I'm thinking that my aerater pump isn't pumping water in....I hear a motor running but it isn't pumping at all, into any of the 4 wells.
sworrall
Posted 10/3/2011 2:22 PM (#519138 - in reply to #519121)

Try filling in the 'empty' position and back up to prime the pump. Recirculate cuts off fresh water flow. Another trick is to fill the weell in that posotion with a hode and see if the pump picks up and recirculates the water. if not, you need to make sure the switch is actually working (broken cable tab is usually the culprit) or if the pump is bad.
Northwind Mark
Posted 10/3/2011 3:22 PM (#519155 - in reply to #519138)

Thanks Steve.....I will try that next. Seems to me that my first order of business here is find out why the aerator pumps are not pumping fresh water to the 2 livewells and 2 baitwells. Right now they are not.

The slide controls are working OK.....I figured out that all they really do is control the livewell drains. (open drain, or closed drain)

*** Note to those that own anything and plan on selling it, it sure makes it REALLY nice for the next owner to have an Owner's Manual.......I don't care what it is.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Edited by Northwind Mark 10/4/2011 9:32 AM
Musky_45
Posted 10/4/2011 9:10 PM (#519355 - in reply to #519155)

my guess if you do hear your pump running is that the pump is vapor locked happens all the time on my 96 1775 one of 2 things works on my turn the pump on and put the boat in reverse which forces water into the pump if that dosnt work pull the plug on the live well and let several inches of water in then put the plub in so the water stays in now put the lever on recirc and turn pump on. once it starts pumping pull the into fill without shutting off the pump should be good to go. if that does not work right infront of the live well there should be a access panel with 4 screws in it remove that and see if the levers are working some times my cables slip and wont move the valve
Northwind Mark
Posted 10/5/2011 7:18 AM (#519385 - in reply to #519355)

Thanks so much for the info guys.....I should be able to figure this out with the help.
Monte
Posted 4/3/2023 11:22 AM (#1019454 - in reply to #519084)
Subject: RE: 96 Lund Pro V 1890 livewell questions ?

Hey Northwind Mark. Did you ever figure out those issues. I have the same boat with the same concerns???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)