Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: He just said f*** 3 times in a 5 word sentence ... 3 different ways
- (Added by: CM_IA)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> keeping water out of my airbrush

Message Subject: keeping water out of my airbrush
rick_rudder
Posted 7/13/2011 4:40 PM (#507033)
Subject: keeping water out of my airbrush

folks i live in connecticut and some humidity, i will be painting my lures and get half way through something and then pow water sprays threw the brush and splatters the paint everywhere, i have tried some filters on the line next to the airbrush, i just bought a 50' hose and im still getting water. im ready for some new ideas because everything so far isn't working, thanks for any help
wolftackle84
Posted 7/13/2011 4:43 PM (#507035 - in reply to #507033)
Subject: Re: keeping water out of my airbrush

dehumidifier......i run one all the time in my shop in the basement.....where do you paint?

tyler

www.tylersbasementcreations.com
rick_rudder
Posted 7/13/2011 5:30 PM (#507042 - in reply to #507035)

wolftackle84 - 7/14/2011 3:43 PM

dehumidifier......i run one all the time in my shop in the basement.....where do you paint?

tyler

www.tylersbasementcreations.com

i paint in my basement as well
muskyslayer96
Posted 7/13/2011 5:34 PM (#507043 - in reply to #507033)

RR,

With a 50' hose and the humidity of summer, you will need 2 water traps. One attached directly to the compressor, and the other before the airbrush. I have my air compressor stored on a separate floor and run a50' hose as well. I have the first trap attached directly to the compressor with the standard hose attached to that. I then run the 50' of standard hose to the paint booth where I have the next trap. I then have the smaller diameter airbrush hose from there.

Hope I was clear and not rambling. My painting area in the basement workshop is about 65 degrees even in the summer and I'v had no problems with water.

Good luck,

MS

Edited by muskyslayer96 7/13/2011 5:36 PM
ghost1066
Posted 7/13/2011 6:42 PM (#507055 - in reply to #507033)
Subject: RE: keeping water out of my airbrush

Yes you have to have a moisture trap and a pressure regulator to go with it isn't a bad idea. I have mine at the compressor but I only run a short hose so moisture doesn't have time to re condense along the length of the run. I have painted professionally for over 20 years and this is one of the most common questions asked. Good part it is a simple fix. Hope this helps.
zach2626
Posted 7/13/2011 6:59 PM (#507062 - in reply to #507055)

A dehumidifier wont do much for you IMO. Its all about water traps and emptying your compressor of all water after each time you spray. Sometimes I even empty the compressor during spray jobs if it has been on for a few hours. So make sure your compressor is free of water and run 2 water traps and you should be fine. I personally have more of a water issue over the summer but maybe thats just me, I have no idea. Best luck bud
Stan Durst 1
Posted 7/14/2011 11:30 AM (#507163 - in reply to #507062)

Have been painting on a commercial and custom basis for 15 years now. Have had up to nine spray booths and 64 airbrushes on line. Had a moisture trap at the compressor and one at the beginning of the booth line. Also each booth had a manifold type setup for seven airbrushes and had a moisture/dirt drop down at the manifold. If you have natural gas in your house, look at the drop down at your hot watertank and you will get the idea.
The drop downs have a shutoff valve and I let it blow the water out and drain the compressor each day when I finish up.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)