Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: if there is one thing you know... it's you never know
- (Added by: CPRMASAP)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Envirotex limitations Heat ?

Message Subject: Envirotex limitations Heat ?
bturg
Posted 7/7/2011 9:27 AM (#506094)
Subject: Envirotex limitations Heat ?

What kind of temps can I expect envirotex to withstand...is there any chance of damage up to say 200 degrees if my baits get warm ?
ghost1066
Posted 7/7/2011 9:34 AM (#506096 - in reply to #506094)
Subject: RE: Envirotex limitations Heat ?

Should be fine. It is designed to handle hard conditions. Saltwater guys heat their wooden lures to 200 then put them in etex while still hot with no problems. It soaks through the wood to seal it but the heat doesn't affect the epoxy.
Capt bigfish
Posted 7/7/2011 2:17 PM (#506152 - in reply to #506096)
Subject: RE: Envirotex limitations Heat ?

Shock from temperature swings might crack them. 200 air temp to 72 degree water temp might crack a wood bait. Wood expands and contracts much more than you would think. On larger wood baits with more mass= more movement. Plastic baits should have no problem.
RiverMan
Posted 7/9/2011 9:47 AM (#506341 - in reply to #506094)
Subject: Re: Envirotex limitations Heat ?

If a wood lure gets too hot it's possible that air will escape from the wood to the surface and cause problems. I once put a cleared lure on the dash of my truck for a summer to see what it could take and it never failed but I have had bubbles come to the surface while warming plugs that were painted so I would be careful.

RM

Edited by RiverMan 7/9/2011 9:49 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)