Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake Ontario

Message Subject: Eagle Lake Ontario
hadley
Posted 7/4/2011 8:40 PM (#505662)
Subject: Eagle Lake Ontario

Heading up to eagle 7-16 through 7-30
Got my, cow girls , spinner-baits , bulldawgs , Believers , top-raiders & Suicks ready to roll .
I bought some of the x rap mag 30's thinking i might spend some time trolling them. Has anyone had any luck with them, and has anyone been up in the past week or two?
Thanks
jasonvkop
Posted 7/4/2011 9:19 PM (#505673 - in reply to #505662)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Ontario

Where are you staying? I haven't heard of many people trolling deep diving baits up there; it is mainly just bucktail fishing with some dawgs and topwater mixed in. I really like Eagle because the fish seem to stay on their spots so if you locate a fish make sure to hit it numerous times a day. I'll be heading to AML the week before you are at Eagle and we throw double 10s/double 8's 95% of the time.
hadley
Posted 7/4/2011 11:23 PM (#505686 - in reply to #505673)

staying at evergreen on little neck bay
Joe Vancora
Posted 7/10/2011 1:11 PM (#506465 - in reply to #505662)

Just got back from Eagle @ Century Lodge.Killed them with bucktail 8s and topraiders in the thick cabbage.Have fun,they were moving good.
Dennis
Posted 7/10/2011 1:43 PM (#506473 - in reply to #505662)

The X Rap 30's will probably be a whole lot of fun with bigger pike when trolled down near three sisters islands. Mal can tell you where to do that. Been going to Eagle for 20 plus years and the only trolling we ever did was for Pike early on. It was a lot of fun and we caught some nice fish doing that. I have stayed at Evergreen, AML, Century and Fin and Feather so I've hit all ends of the Lake. I've never been able to get any of the guides I've fished with to commit to trolling. They just don't like to do it!!
We have done some for Muskie ourselves around some of the rocks down on the East end but really haven't had much luck. I still think it's worth a try though!! I know these fish slide on and off the rocks and humps and when there are bait fish over the deep water off the rocks I'll have nice big hooks down there with them. We just never connected, but I know there are monster fish hanging around those rocks.
Don't be afraid to throw smaller bucktails like show-girls, invaders etc. I've had my biggest fish on those smaller bucks.
If your gonna be there two weeks you should divide the lake into sections and check out as much as you can. Evergreen is in such a good central location you can go anywhere. Hit the rock just across the bay every morning on the way out. There's a couple of big girls that hang over there, trust me!!!!
You may want to talk to Steve Herbeck down at Andy Meyers before you head up there. Don't matter that your not staying there Steve will give you the scoop on what's going on. He'll have about 6 guides out fishing all over and he get's good info every day !!
Have a GREAT TRIP and keep us posted!!! If you want any more info ...spots etc. send me a private message and I'll give you what I can.
Good Luck Dennis
Posted 7/11/2011 5:43 PM (#506659 - in reply to #505662)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Ontario

Thanks so much for the info , Especially you Dennis . Just might pull my first 50 off one of them spots
hadley
Posted 7/11/2011 5:46 PM (#506661 - in reply to #506659)

Ah that last was my reply wasn't signed in so it showed up as guest
Slobasaurus
Posted 7/12/2011 11:21 AM (#506763 - in reply to #505662)

I'm heading up to Eagle from 7/23 - 7/31. Hadley, if you're able to get a computer after your first week I'd really appreciate any advice you have or patterns you've established. I'm staying in Waldhof bay at a friend's cabin. I was out on Eagle last year for a week in mid July and had a pretty good trip with a 47 and 47.5 along with some shorties and a few missed fish. Pattern was topwaters and glide baits on early summer transitionary structure. Didn't get anything going on blades... I appreciate any advice on what patterns have historically produced in late July. Has it been a hot or cool spring/summer up there this year? Thanks in advance! Kevin B. from IL
hadley
Posted 7/13/2011 1:30 PM (#506990 - in reply to #506763)

Slobasaurus, We are bringing the lap top and mal has wi-fi that reaches all the cabins at Evergreen so i'll try to make a post of my progress
hadley
Posted 7/31/2011 9:22 AM (#509773 - in reply to #505662)

The trip was a blast . Caught all our take home fish pike , walleye , bass and perch . The x rap mags scored big with the pike and eyes . But the real treat was nailing this 54 in the weeds with my favorite in the weeds lure ( J mac w/lunker city salt shaker) Teaching my wife Pam how to fish was more of a challenge than anything
No not really . But she did well handling some tough weather at times and the flies were REALLY bad biting the sh*! out of us on the calm days.

Edited by hadley 7/31/2011 10:08 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(P1040768_2.jpg)

(P1040767.jpg)

(P1040772.jpg)

(P1040757.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1040768_2.jpg (114KB - 217 downloads)
Attachments P1040767.jpg (128KB - 219 downloads)
Attachments P1040772.jpg (131KB - 234 downloads)
Attachments P1040757.jpg (159KB - 215 downloads)
Posted 7/31/2011 11:49 AM (#509789 - in reply to #505662)

Nice fish! You should try a horizontal hold next time.
Musky Brian
Posted 7/31/2011 1:36 PM (#509798 - in reply to #509789)

oh whatever guest...nice fish Hadley, was that close to camp?
hadley
Posted 7/31/2011 3:01 PM (#509804 - in reply to #509789)

Guest - 7/31/2011 11:49 AM

Nice fish! You should try a horizontal hold next time.

I have some shots that the wife took while i was holding it horizontal but my arms and back were kashed from fighting and netting the fish myself so i could barely hold the fish up and i had a really dumb look on my face

(P1040780.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1040780.jpg (141KB - 239 downloads)
hadley
Posted 7/31/2011 3:05 PM (#509805 - in reply to #509798)

Musky Brian - 7/31/2011 1:36 PM

oh whatever guest...nice fish Hadley, was that close to camp?

Not to far away Brian , up on the north east side by Spring Bay
bchunter2
Posted 7/31/2011 8:48 PM (#509854 - in reply to #505662)

Congratulations on your great fish Brad, This is Mark how did the rest of your week end up. did fishing remain good ? did you catch that fish in spring bay. Are you getting it mounted? I stopped by Fittante taxidermy in Antigo Wi to get a replica of mind made. Shelly said to say hi to Pam
Posted 7/31/2011 9:37 PM (#509862 - in reply to #505662)

Nice fish man! Love the action shots. The more fish photos I look at the more and more the odd shots are far more entertaining to look at then the traditional angler holding the fish poses.
hadley
Posted 8/1/2011 11:04 PM (#510053 - in reply to #509854)

bchunter2 - 7/31/2011 8:48 PM

Congratulations on your great fish Brad, This is Mark how did the rest of your week end up. did fishing remain good ? did you catch that fish in spring bay. Are you getting it mounted? I stopped by Fittante taxidermy in Antigo Wi to get a replica of mind made. Shelly said to say hi to Pam

Hey whats up Mark ! Ya fishing did remain good i finally made it down to that camp 6 bay . Pam really loved it in there. We fished with small jigs tipped with pieces of crawler and caught a mixed bag or small-mouth perch and walleye . The big muskie came from the out skirts of spring bay in about 7' of water. Pam said hi back to Shelly and your son . We thought he was a very nice young man and a dam good fisherman
Dennis
Posted 8/3/2011 8:53 AM (#510232 - in reply to #510053)

Hey Brad,

Glad to see you had a Great Trip ! Nice 54"!!!!!! Just wondering if any of those spots we went over worked out for you?
Couldn't make it up to LOW last week so I'm getting real itchy. Hope to make it up to Eagle late fall!!!

Way to Go!! Dennis
Team_Ryba
Posted 3/12/2012 3:54 PM (#545546 - in reply to #506473)

Hello Dennis,

My father, brother and I went up to Eagle lake last year in mid-August and stayed at Big Eagle Lodge on Littleneck Bay. It was our first time at Eagle Lake. We tried our best but the wind last year blew us off spots pretty quickly, although at the time we did not have the best boat for ideal muskie fishing. We ended up hitting a lot of rock structures during the week and moving several fish. However many follows were slow and lazy. We ended the week with 3 fish, lower 30's a 40 and a 41.5. We moved one solid fish off a tree on the beginning channel to Vermillion but nothing came of that.
We had a tough time finding weeds as well, many people we spoke to said that last year was a tough year to fish the lake, is that true?

We are heading back up to Eagle in August again and now with a better boat for fishing. We are fairly new to the muskie game and I am trying to soak up information as much as I can from different folks. I spoke to Steve Herbeck last year before coming up to Eagle but his information was geared more towards Vermillion, very nice guy though. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to shed some light on how to fish Eagle Lake in August, good spots to hit or look out for and lures to use. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time,

TR
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)