Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Should've stuck to blugill fishing.
- (Added by: vegas492)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Hook rigging for tubes

Message Subject: Hook rigging for tubes
GMan
Posted 4/18/2011 2:56 PM (#493724)
Subject: Hook rigging for tubes

Anyone experimenting with the hook rigging in some of the larger tube baits? I have tried some with large jigs and trailer hooks, built my own assembly with wire, egg sinkers, and trebles, etc. Anxious if anyone has any unique ideas. I'd like to make it so the tube does not roll, that way when I paint eyes on the thing it will run right side up.
Big Perc
Posted 4/18/2011 5:17 PM (#493764 - in reply to #493724)
Subject: Re: Hook rigging for tubes

I had an old bulldawg that had literally been destroyed so I took the wire and weight out of the inside and put it into a Red Octoder Twisted tube making a spot to hang 2 treble hooks similar to the bulldawg but in tube form. It's really pretty awesome.
CASTING55
Posted 4/18/2011 5:50 PM (#493775 - in reply to #493764)

big wood has a rig under swim baits thats ment for the shadzilla that could work on a tube,could put 2 trebles connected to the rig and a piece of wire off the back to hang down the bottom of the tube.you would probably have to put something in front of the eyelet like a round piece of plastic from a milk jug,cutting it into the size of a dime works,thats what red october tubes told me to do when making my own rigs so the weight in the rig doesn`t blow out the head of the tube.
Landonfish
Posted 4/18/2011 9:42 PM (#493831 - in reply to #493724)

I use 20 oz POP bottle lids in front of my egg sinker to keep from coming out. It's a snug fit but works great. Just took one of my tubes and turned it into a chatterbait type rig. Turned out pretty nice looking forward to throwing it.
knooter
Posted 4/19/2011 7:50 PM (#493963 - in reply to #493724)

Red October designed new rigs this year for their tubes. They now are keel weighted with hook hangers coming out the bottom. They give the tube a horizontal drop instead of dropping nose down like the jig setup. Very nice and well thought out rigs. Everything they do is high quality.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)