Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Need some ideas....

Message Subject: Need some ideas....
Muddy41
Posted 4/10/2011 2:34 AM (#491860)
Subject: Need some ideas....

I bought a couple Lakewood boxes at the MN swap meet tonight and the only thing that is wrong with them is that the top of the covers are faded. Not a big deal at all but I am wondering if anyone has ideas on what I can do to bring them back to life a little.

! bag is black and the other is purple. Can a person paint these all and not have it get hard and crack peel or what ever. Can a person paint a scenery on them and them put something over it to protect it from getting wreck.

I am just looking for ideas on what I can do to bring life back to them. I knly paid $60 for both so in my eyes I got one of the best deals to be had at the swap meet.

Please let me know what you think can be done. If anyone has done something to the top of there boxes I would love to see what you did so pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mike
Muskiemetal
Posted 4/10/2011 10:00 AM (#491898 - in reply to #491860)
Subject: Re: Need some ideas....

Maybe some fabric dye? Or that paint they use for tshirts??
esoxfly
Posted 4/10/2011 10:01 AM (#491899 - in reply to #491860)

I'd add a plastic map pocket or mesh gear pocket on top. I'm sure you could do the art thing, but I just can't imaging that turning out as well as you envision or lasting as long as you'd like. Adding a map pocket or gear pocket on top is functional, unique and will cover up the fading.

I'd guess anone that does residential or boat upholstery would have the ability and equipment to get it done.
Posted 4/10/2011 10:18 AM (#491904 - in reply to #491860)
Subject: RE: Need some ideas....

I don't think it would work on the bag, but if you have a hard plastic one that is faded, there is an automotive product called "Back to Black." I think it is made by Mother's and you can get it at Fleet Farm or maybe even Wally World. I have used it on a few things in the past and no matter what the color, it will restore faded plastic.
Fish and Whistle
Posted 4/10/2011 1:19 PM (#491936 - in reply to #491860)

Bedazzle it!
Muddy41
Posted 4/10/2011 5:54 PM (#491980 - in reply to #491936)

Adding a pocket would at least hide the fading. But not sure what to use to adhere it to the box.

I am thinking of taking it to a sewer and see if there is a way that they could sew some cool design material on the top some how. Not to sure what to do. I do know thta I would like to cover the tops on both some how.

Please keep sending ideas.

Thanks to all so far. I do appreciate the help. I could not pass up on the savings. To get the 2 bas and to onl have the fading on the top be my only issue that is awesome. But some how I would like to hide the fading. Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks
Mike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)