Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Banjo minnow??

Message Subject: Banjo minnow??
glog
Posted 4/5/2011 8:01 PM (#490908)
Subject: Banjo minnow??

Has anyone tried this setup for muskies? They make it in a 5",7" and a 9" It looks like it would work other than worried about hook placement on lure.
Posted 4/5/2011 8:57 PM (#490929 - in reply to #490908)
Subject: RE: Banjo minnow??

It's like riding a moped. It's great as long as your friends don't see you.

In all seriousness, a guy I used to fish with swore by it. Although, I always got the action rather than him. I never did see him catch anything with it, not even a pike.

There are much better lures to use in my opinion.
fish4musky1
Posted 4/5/2011 9:18 PM (#490934 - in reply to #490929)
Subject: Re: Banjo minnow??

I have caught some nice pike on a Mann's Jelly Hoo (weird name I know) with a big jig head. I would imagine they would work for muskie.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://medium.tradera.com/431/1...
catchandrelease
Posted 4/7/2011 2:42 PM (#491317 - in reply to #490908)

Babe Winkleman did a show about them for pike a few years back. I'd be too embarassed to use them for muskies myself, but they might work.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 4/7/2011 3:07 PM (#491320 - in reply to #490908)

In the early spring time Pike like dead bait on the bottom, so the Banjo minnow works well for that, but for Muskies I don't think so.
glog
Posted 4/7/2011 3:49 PM (#491328 - in reply to #490908)

I guess it is an embarrassing bait to use but catches fish! I don't understand; really no different than using a big jig with a tail on it or using a bull dog almost the same kind of action.
Jsondag
Posted 4/7/2011 8:10 PM (#491366 - in reply to #490908)

I hate to admit using one, but I finessed a few of them around several years ago after a late spawn and the fish were super lethargic and laying in shallow water. I switched the rig of course to a heavier 7/0 swimbait bass rig. The action of the rubber is a no brainer - It's just like the slug-go or Fin-s and they all get hammered. It's the ad campaign and the big fake pearly whites selling 'em that makes it an embarrassing purchase.

And if you're looking for a cool rubber stick swimbait, check out the Bass Kandy Delights in the larger striper sizes. Used 'em last year. They are sweet!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)