Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Will you guys quit rockin' the trailer so I can get some sleep!
- (Added by: Beaver)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Message Subject: What are you you planning to fish in 2011?
Junkman
Posted 1/12/2011 7:48 AM (#474975 - in reply to #474899)
Subject: RE: What are you you planning to fish in 2011?

I fished four PMTT events last season and really had a truly great time. I also fished four WMT events and had a great time there too. I fished a couple of Ironman events and the Milwaukee MI sponsored Pewaukee Classic and Headwater's MI Chapter Spring Classic and had a wonderful time there too. I even still do some bass stuff really early in the year down South and love that as well. Ididn't fish a bad tournament, or fish with anything but fine anglers all the way through. I haven't won a tournament for two years but still couldn't be having a better time then I have doing this stuff. My goal for 2011 is to fish 12 events again this season and have just as good a time doing it...and in a brand new boat...LIFE IS GOOD! Marty
MuskyManiac09
Posted 1/24/2011 2:09 PM (#477443 - in reply to #473300)
Subject: Re: What are you you planning to fish in 2011?

Never fished a tourney before but thinking about the PMTT in Minnesota. How does that work when the state minimum for keeping is 48", because as I understand it if a fish is under 48" it is supposed to be released immediately (a quick picture is OK). What if you have to wait a while for a judge boat?

Just curious, thanks,
Brian
Junkman
Posted 1/24/2011 3:45 PM (#477468 - in reply to #477443)

The way the PMTT worked in MN last fall is that if a judge boat was right in your area, they asked that you call and let the judge watch the measurement. If not, everybody had the same exact bump board in the boat and were asked to take the best photos possible and make the quick release. Any kind of a delay with a fish shy of the 48 inch limit could constitute taking possession and get you into trouble. Seemed to me to be somewhat on the honor system except that you knew the photos would get the utmost scrutiny. They also made a lot of the far away little bays off limits and were really good about having plenty of judge boats. It was well run. Marty
thrax_johnson
Posted 1/24/2011 6:09 PM (#477496 - in reply to #477468)

Hmm. All photo format should be adopted and done correctly. No more honor system, just the best system for all involved and an honest one at that.
Top H2O
Posted 1/24/2011 7:11 PM (#477503 - in reply to #477496)

Hey Brian,
Are you planing on fishing the PMTT/Cass Lake event?
You do fish Cass don't you ? Your not afraid of some out of town competition are ya?
It would be good to see you and Jeremy there, if so the first Beer is on me.

Later, Jerome
Junkman
Posted 1/25/2011 7:18 AM (#477586 - in reply to #477503)

I am sorry for that bit of confusion about using the term "honor system." What I meant to imply is that there is a certain amount of added trust when using photos. Some of us believe that there is a certain amount of massaging that one can do "before," "during," and "after" a photo has been taken when the only other person in the boat is your "partner" who shares in the prize money. I recognize that CPR is the way a lot of things are going, I am just not certain that you want to rely on that system alone for musky tournaments. I think the PMTT struck a good balance in "urging" folks to get a judge boat for the last event at Minnetonka, but not requiring it. If you look at a pretty funny photo someone put up on another musky board yesterday of Brett Farve doing a press conference in front of a Bears podium (as if he were their new QB) you can just imagine what someone could do placing a fish on bumpboard where the space between the hash marks had been altered. Anyway, I am not yet convinced. Marty
sworrall
Posted 1/25/2011 7:45 PM (#477727 - in reply to #473300)

The digital data 'encased' within every image easily gives away any alteration at all. And, there are other ways to easily identify if the pixels in an image have been messed with. The Anglers Insight Marketing tournaments have digitally measured thousands of walleyes without a single issue other than a couple that were dq'd due to the registration document not matching the actual measurement, with 50 Pros fishing for top prizes up to $60K. There is no problem spotting an altered image for the judges in that trailer.
thrax_johnson
Posted 1/25/2011 7:47 PM (#477728 - in reply to #477586)

Jerome,

Jeremy and I are talking about it. I for sure want to do it. We did the MAC event there in 2009 in very bad conditions, August sounds much better! If it weren't for time off from work and $$ we would do the whole PMTT circuit but neither he nor I can make that happen. Fees we could do, the travel and time on top of fees is the killer. Hopefully another viable option with events closer to home will pan out sometime soon. We will be at the MN show this year, stop by and say Hi, and maybe we'll bump into one another on the Big V sometime, or in the Bemidji area.

Marty,

I hope the day will come when you are convinced. I don't know of anyone lodging any "complaint" of fairness or honesty in any of the former MMTT or MAC tourneys. There are simple safeguards that really can eliminate any real possibility of altering the photo in a meaningful way in the proper timeframe of actual event hours. They also had challenge systems and I believe lie detectors ultimately if any real suspicion of altered photos were to occur.

I just hope everyone gets to spend some quality time at quality events this year!
muskiesmatter
Posted 2/14/2011 9:06 PM (#481735 - in reply to #473300)
Subject: RE: What are you you planning to fish in 2011?

I like to hit tournaments that stock fish. That's why I hit the PMC every year, in May. This is an excellent tournament. and a great time. Good job Todd Forcier!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)