Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> bull dawg

Message Subject: bull dawg
Alessio B.
Posted 12/22/2010 5:25 AM (#471457 - in reply to #469880)
Subject: Re: bull dawg

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Muskie Junkie
Posted 12/22/2010 8:26 AM (#471475 - in reply to #471457)

I have a question about Bulldawgs in general. I have a few where I have lost the the "thumper" part of the tail ( the fat end on the tip). Besides confidence, do any of you feel that it is necessary to have that on there? I am sure the vibration is similar but the tail does not quite have the action without it vs. with. Probably a silly question but wanted to here what the opinions of the masses was.

Steve Ruhmann
MartinTD
Posted 12/22/2010 8:46 AM (#471478 - in reply to #469880)

Junkie...
When that happens I either use part of a mogambo grub and melt that back on to the tip OR slice the tail down the middle so it essentially becomes a twin tail (although slightly shorter).
Tackle Industries
Posted 12/22/2010 9:46 AM (#471487 - in reply to #471478)

I also have replacement tails for the Regular, Magnum and Pounder/MegaD sized swimbaits. The plastisol should be perfect for most brands. 6 color packs for about $10 which is about 50% of what you will pay normally.
See the bottom of each of my SuperD pages for the tails :
http://www.tackleindustries.com/bassfishingprolure.html
http://www.tackleindustries.com/largemouthbasslure.html
http://www.tackleindustries.com/pikeswimbait.html
Easy to put on and fix your damaged swimbait with Mend It, Hawg Seekers Glue or a torch and melt the two parts together.
James

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Tails.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tails.png (86KB - 184 downloads)
J Nail
Posted 12/22/2010 9:25 PM (#471597 - in reply to #471393)

gus_webb - 12/21/2010 4:04 PM

I have a confession to make... I have no idea how to work a bulldawg/superD/giant rubber ducky. QUOTE]

guss_webb, that is the beauty of these baits, the can be used for anything, and worked just about any way. Most of the fish I have caught on the super D's and bulldogs was when I was just reeling them in a straight line. you can throw in a jig or two now and then for good measure, as this will sometimes trigger strikes. I really started to like the shallow regular sized super D last season, as it can replace a bucktail in alot of situations. it also seems to be weighted better than the shallow bulldog, and stays upright in the water better. It does take some faith at first, since the baits don't feel like they are doing much when you reel them in, but don't give up, fish will come, and the lures will be another part of your arsenal.

James runs an A+ operation over at Tackle Industries, and has always gone out of his way to get baits to me when I need them, so I prefer to buy from him. I don't have much negative to say about bulldogs either, they have a spot in my boat as well (just not as big a spot!).

Happy Holidays to all.
gus_webb
Posted 12/23/2010 10:36 AM (#471639 - in reply to #469880)

And that's probably part of my problem... I don't feel like it's *doing* anything. Well, maybe next year I'll give 'em another chance. And if any other sweet videos happen to be filmed or found between now and then, where experts share how they use the lure, maybe I can gain some confidence in them.
Basschamp167
Posted 12/23/2010 3:10 PM (#471701 - in reply to #469880)
Subject: RE: bull dawg

Here's a good video on how to fish bulldawgs/superd's in cold water....this is NOT me in the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZpqKNvAAJc
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)