Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Rain!

Message Subject: Rain!
HawgHunter11
Posted 9/23/2010 9:47 PM (#460646)
Subject: Rain!

I know, well im pretty sure that the fish are gonna be huggin the bottom after all this rain. And im going out on saturday with my dad, i would go sunday but i got plans so that option is out the window. I was wondering what would work or get them to go even though they arent gonna be doin much? I keep hounding and telling my dad that we are gonna use suckers because i never tried them this early in the year and im hearing fish being caught on them. Do you guys think they will go on suckers? Your input will help me greatly!

Thanks,
Nate
ToothyCritter
Posted 9/24/2010 8:11 AM (#460660 - in reply to #460646)
Subject: Re: Rain!

Hell yeah they will eat suckers. Probably your best bet this time of year, and don't be too sure on the rain driving them to the bottom. Weather like this can be just whats needed to kick things in gear. Add a flashy tailgunner and work the spots slow. Be confident and make it happen!
tuffy1
Posted 9/24/2010 8:22 AM (#460661 - in reply to #460646)
Subject: RE: Rain!

Early fall muskies tend to cream the pants off the suckers for me. Meaning, we typically have a very good hook up ratio early in the fall with warmer H2O temps (low to upper 60s). They will work for sure. And like TC said, that rain could get them eating. I know the past few fronts down in SE Wisconsin got the fish eating really good down here.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)