Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: hows that working for ya'
- (Added by: Rick Hess)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Silicone skirt material

Message Subject: Silicone skirt material
markw
Posted 7/26/2010 4:54 PM (#451901)
Subject: Silicone skirt material

Does anyone know of a source for bulk silicone skirt material? I've been using bulk round rubber by the pound, but I'd like to mix in some silicone colors and designs. I want to blend my own colors so I don't want the pre-tied starflash type skirts that most suppliers offer. All of the sources I've found offer silicone tabs that are great for smaller baits at 5-6", but none in the 7-9" range I need for larger Muskie sized skirts. Any suggestions?

My other thought was to buy the regular 5" tabs and superglue two of them end-to-end before I band the skirt together. Then I have a 10" that can be trimmed to size once it's in place. There would be a 1/4" of silicone under the band that will remain as a tab and wont be individual "legs", but would be hidden underneath anyway. Am I missing something, or is this another one of those painfully obvious things I've been overlooking for 6 months
MstormC
Posted 7/26/2010 10:01 PM (#451943 - in reply to #451901)
Subject: Re: Silicone skirt material

Google livingrubber. Last stuff I bought from hagens came in a roll and you can cut it to length.
Hoosierbaits
Posted 7/28/2010 11:15 AM (#452190 - in reply to #451943)
Subject: Re: Silicone skirt material

Try www.muskiecustoms.com. I know he has musky skirts ready to use. I don't know if he can make custom skirts, but he mixed the ones he has on hand for me and they look great.

Don
Pfeiff
Posted 8/7/2010 10:45 PM (#453884 - in reply to #451901)
Subject: RE: Silicone skirt material

Frank Hauck living rubber, located in california
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)