Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Week away

Message Subject: Week away
dmorgan173
Posted 7/18/2010 8:21 PM (#450645)
Subject: Week away

Headed to the LOTW Thursday night. Any last minute lure buys or must haves that you guys think I need. Don't leave nothing out help me out fellas. thanks
jerryb
Posted 7/18/2010 10:31 PM (#450665 - in reply to #450645)
Subject: RE: Week away

1st off the idea that any certain lure, "ANY" including a spoonplug will save or load the boat is a huge GIANT myth, usually accelerated by lure makers. I make not a cent from selling lures, (just getting them back), or guides ect being paid by lure manufacturers ect, so be careful! You must know where you are fishing, understanding bottom structure to "EVER" be successful. I hate to be blunt but the common idea that it "takes" the "right bait" to have the fish come running is a joke among us who know the truth about a fish. I have often said a shoe with hooks placed at the right depth and moved at the right speed will catch the fish. Fish including musky are a stupid dumb creature and should be fished for in that manor. I'll never say it's not a lot of hard work or claim it dose not requires patients and a constant persistence but if you learn to identify a good migration route you will be successful on any body of water you fish in the world! I can teach you how!
fish4musky1
Posted 7/18/2010 10:44 PM (#450666 - in reply to #450645)
Subject: Re: Week away

what he said
sworrall
Posted 7/18/2010 11:28 PM (#450670 - in reply to #450645)
Subject: Re: Week away

Spinnerbaits for the slop on the sand beach structure elements.

Topwater. Tail baits, Weagles.

Suicks.

Bucktails.

If you are in the 'rock wall' areas at all, throw some 4" to 5" cranks right to the edge of the rock/water. We caught a bunch of muskies on Sabaskong paralleling rock walls keying on big cracks, busted rock near the shore, and rubble piles and points.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)