Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> HDS help

Reply New post
Message Subject: HDS help
tfootstalker
Posted 6/27/2010 4:23 PM (#447537)
Subject: HDS help

So I just got the HDS rigged on the boat for reasons that will remain unnamed in an effort to keep this thread from getting zapped. But I digrees...

There has to be a command to turn off the waypoint number from being displayed or entered faster than going in and deleting each name. Anybody know what it is?

Does anybody have any tips for tweaking the 2d sonar dislplay. Currently I'm having a bugger of a time interpreting weeds on the HDS. It looks to me like the unit is so sensitive that it plots weeds as these huge blobs that sometimes reach to four feet from the surface in like 16 feet of water, when in fact they do not. I used to be able to tell the difference between sandgrass/coontail and milfoil/coontail in on my 522. I turned the Hbird on the console to face me to compare the readings since I trust the Bird sonar. As I thought, the HDS sometimes would display weeds that weren't there and overexagerate the ones that were. I have attempted changes in sensitivity, ping and scroll speed, colorline, and color pallete. My transduver type is set and in shallow water. 3.0 version.

Can anybody help a brother out? It kind of like the opposite of advertised, instaed of high definition sonar its massive blobby clumpy sonar. Surely I must be missing some settings somewhere...? Help!
esoxfly
Posted 6/27/2010 4:39 PM (#447539 - in reply to #447537)
Subject: Re: HDS help

As far as the waypoints, yes you can choose to display them with or without their names. I don't recall right now, sitting in my chair, but it's in the menus somewhere how to display the waypoints; I believe it's by icon, by icon and name, or by name. Something to that effect.

As far as sonar, that's odd. Mine looks great, and is very accurate. If you've adjusted sensitivity and all the settings, I'm at a loss. Wait for TJ or someone to chime in and see what they say.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 6/27/2010 4:40 PM (#447540 - in reply to #447537)

Did you change your Fishing mode under the sonar setting? It needs to be set to shallow water, not General Use that it comes as right out of the box.
esoxfly
Posted 6/27/2010 10:13 PM (#447580 - in reply to #447537)
Subject: RE: HDS help

tfootstalker - 6/27/2010 5:23 PM
My transduver type is set and in shallow water. 3.0 version.
dward
Posted 6/27/2010 10:16 PM (#447582 - in reply to #447540)

I have been meaning to post this same question....... Thanks for the answer TJ, i will have to try it out next weekend. Is there a depth or condition where i would ever want to change it back off of shallow?

Dward
Posted 6/28/2010 7:54 AM (#447608 - in reply to #447537)

what esoxfly reported is correct. I have linked hds and I don't use numbers on some icons and some icons I want numbers. Works great.
Tfoot
Posted 6/28/2010 7:58 AM (#447610 - in reply to #447537)

I'm in shallow water mode. I figured out the waypoints, but I had to go in and manually change the 200 some from yesterday.

As far as the sonar return, I'm still perplexed. I'm hoping it is my scroll speed. I had it on 2x, but think maybe it should be on normal. I came to this hypothesis after playing around in simulator mode. When I switched the scroll speed to higher the nice fish arcs turned to blobs.
RyanJoz
Posted 6/28/2010 8:31 AM (#447619 - in reply to #447537)

scroll should be normal. Shallow water mode sets the ping speed to the max as well. My hds displays properly and I can go through settings if you PM me what section you are wanting. (sonar mode, ping speed, pallet, and other options)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)