Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Not just another REVO ques.....

Message Subject: Not just another REVO ques.....
jackson
Posted 6/22/2010 11:03 AM (#446710)
Subject: Not just another REVO ques.....

Well, i broke down and bought a Revo Toro Winch primarily for dbl 10's. This is something i never thought i would do because i usually don't fall into the hype especially with a "LOW PROFILE BASS" reel for muskies. But i thought i would try it after reading an article that the winch can reduce some fatigue if you are throwing dbl 10's all day.

Question is, what rod should this reel go on being that this will be again, primarily a dbl 10 set up? Heavy/fast - Med /FASt etc..... i am hoping i have something that will work already but if not, then i am off to buy the right rod.
Tim Schmitz
Posted 6/22/2010 11:13 AM (#446713 - in reply to #446710)
Subject: Re: Not just another REVO ques.....

You read the articale buy what Bucher told you to buy.
jackson
Posted 6/22/2010 12:33 PM (#446734 - in reply to #446713)

i did, but also read a few others. Also met up with a guide in Vilas county who said he has switched over all of his reels to the toro. It became time to try it.
Fishwizard
Posted 6/22/2010 1:02 PM (#446742 - in reply to #446710)

Jackson,
I just ordered a Revo Toro Winch as well, and it should be here early next week. I went back and forth on this issue as well, and despite owning 6 St. Croix Premier musky sticks over the years, I decided to give the Okuma rods a try. I ordered a EVx Musky Rod - EVx-C-931XH-T for throwing Double 10s and bigger rubber. I have a few friends that have been fishing this rod and other Okumas for a while, and they love them. For $120 they have to be one of the best upper level "value" rods on the market. I'd spend $300+ on a rod if I could, but right now that isn't a possibility. I obviously haven't been able to fish this set-up yet, but hopefully I'll be as happy with it as my buddies are. Good luck with whatever you choose.

MuskieMike
Posted 6/22/2010 1:04 PM (#446743 - in reply to #446710)
Subject: RE: Not just another REVO ques.....

The 8'6 XXH Okuma EVX will work as well, and is probably a little lighter than the 9'3. I ust the 9'3 XXH for Rubber and XX's. I actually have two of them, paired with Abu 7000's. But if you fee like spending $, The Tournament series St. Croix SlingBlade is nice, and expensive.
Tim Schmitz
Posted 6/22/2010 1:34 PM (#446748 - in reply to #446710)

Sorry Jackson I think my meter is messed up. What I ment is get your self a sling blade it's one of the best rods for slow rolling dcg's and that's where the wench shines. It'll also make a great crankbait rod you'll love it I know I do!
muskyhunter24
Posted 6/22/2010 5:34 PM (#446805 - in reply to #446710)

I have an okuma 8'6" XXH and also a 9'3" XH, the 8'6" works way better with the blades, it out casts the 9'3" only obvious downside is the ease of doing figure 8's with the 9'3" vs the 8'6"
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)