Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

[Frozen]
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> in the vein of a "general discussion" the Chip fish hogs

Frozen
Message Subject: in the vein of a "general discussion" the Chip fish hogs
firstsixfeet
Posted 6/20/2010 4:35 PM (#446450 - in reply to #446446)
Subject: Re: in the vein of a "general discussion" the Chip fish hogs

BenR - 6/20/2010 4:21 PM

firstsixfeet - 6/20/2010 4:01 PM

BenR - 6/20/2010 3:50 PM

Perhaps they did just make a mistake...seems crazy to really go after tourist in WI though, I mean what is the unemployment rate and state of the economy in WI and especially places that rely on tourist to survive. I would welcome tourist and educate rather than fry them...or live with consequences perhaps....BR

Really?  With a group that went 2,000 over the limit?  At what point do you start enforcing the laws?

I am good with the law being enforced, it is the comment that the death penalty should be used on them by posters on here when their state is slowly sinking...but again FSF...perhaps you should read the quote I was responding to before providing your such enlightening comments....BR

Well, I read the post you were responding to, and I read your post, and my question remains. Your comments are simply argumentative, and your grounds somewhat bizarre, have laws, but don't enforce them? Yes, that's enlightenment.
Simple fisherman
Posted 6/20/2010 4:53 PM (#446454 - in reply to #446271)

Unless I read incorrectly the laws in this case are being enforced. Lynch mobs make poor neighbors.
welldriller
Posted 6/20/2010 5:47 PM (#446461 - in reply to #446446)

BenR - 6/20/2010 4:21 PM

firstsixfeet - 6/20/2010 4:01 PM

Perhaps they did just make a mistake...seems crazy to really go after tourist in WI though, I mean what is the unemployment rate and state of the economy in WI and especially places that rely on tourist to survive. I would welcome tourist and educate rather than fry them...or live with consequences perhaps....BR

Really?  With a group that went 2,000 over the limit?  At what point do you start enforcing the laws?

I am good with the law being enforced, it is the comment that the death penalty should be used on them by posters on here when their state is slowly sinking...but again FSF...perhaps you should read the quote I was responding to before providing your such enlightening comments....BR

First of all "posters" didn't say it, I said it.
How is our state slowing sinking? And, how will allowing people to get away with keeping over 2000 fish help our "slowly sinking" economy?
Perhaps you should read before responding to my post. I was irritated that they were trying to use race as an excuse for getting caught. Never once did they say that they were sorry for what they did, they were sorry they they were singled out and got caught. That's the way I interpreted it anyways.
Posted 6/20/2010 6:24 PM (#446465 - in reply to #446271)

With no fish left to fish Call me crazy, but I belive tourism would dry up faster in Wi than bad press about some people who break laws. And with no fish left here, tourist fisherman may travel and spend money someware else like mn.
I guess I will live with the consequences. Since I like to catch fish, when I go fishing.
They do have fishing regulation handbooks wherever you can buy a licence. And I bet they can read.
Simple fisherman
Posted 6/20/2010 6:49 PM (#446469 - in reply to #446271)

In the vein of lightenin this up looks like them tourist can outfish yous locals

Edited by Simple fisherman 6/20/2010 6:51 PM
cjrich
Posted 6/20/2010 7:13 PM (#446473 - in reply to #446271)

And this is a Bible study group?
Hypocrisy has no bounds.

Edited by cjrich 6/20/2010 7:18 PM
ulbian
Posted 6/20/2010 8:20 PM (#446488 - in reply to #446473)

cjrich - 6/20/2010 8:13 PM

And this is a Bible study group?
Hypocrisy has no bounds.

Have you taken into consideration that perhaps they were preparing for a re-enactment of Jesus feeding the 5000? Who knows...they might have caught less than their limit but one of them is a miracle worker and voila...thousands of fish. If I would represent them this is the defense angle I'd go with.
Posted 6/20/2010 8:28 PM (#446490 - in reply to #446271)
Subject: RE: in the vein of a "general discussion" the Chip fish hogs

We can't say that they were being hypocritical, because we don't know what they did or didn't know. It is possible that they went over there and caught all of those fish without checking into the regulations first, thinking it was OK. It's not like they were professionals or something. And they didn't appear to be trying to hide matters.

But ignorance of the law is no excuse, as they say. They got caught breaking the lawand now they'll pay their due fines. And that's that.

This is a matter for the DNR to handle. As for the rest of us, as they also, 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone.' I might've broken a law or two myself somewhere along the line in life.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)