Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tackle Box for HUGE lures... Any Recommendations

Message Subject: Tackle Box for HUGE lures... Any Recommendations
jackpotjohnny48
Posted 6/13/2010 1:00 AM (#445223)
Subject: Tackle Box for HUGE lures... Any Recommendations

Hi guys,

Can anybody recommend a good tackle box for storing 14 inch Jakes, 13 inch Grandmas, 16 inch Grunts, etc? Is there anything on the market that can accomodate these lures?

Thanks in advance,
"Jackpot" John Schroeder
k-bob
Posted 6/13/2010 1:21 AM (#445224 - in reply to #445223)
Subject: RE: Tackle Box for HUGE lures... Any Recommendations

I am sure this will: http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=58...
Krishna
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 6/13/2010 7:25 AM (#445232 - in reply to #445223)

Yup, call Bob at Just Encase and he can make you any size you want. I have a stock model with the lid removed that holds 14" jakes nicely with the lip of the bait sticking up over the top of the dividers and I love it.

He can make them taller if you want them to hang like bucktails and other baits.

Great guy. Great service. The best tackle boxes out there for muskie baits. I've bought 8 from him and they were all exactly what I wanted.
wolftackle84
Posted 6/13/2010 7:35 AM (#445233 - in reply to #445223)
Subject: Re: Tackle Box for HUGE lures... Any Recommendations

i whould say bob two he makes great products..

[email protected]

tight lines
adudeuknow
Posted 6/13/2010 6:09 PM (#445296 - in reply to #445223)

bob schmitt from just encase is the best in the business....he has made the name lakewood obsolete.
wolftackle84
Posted 6/13/2010 6:31 PM (#445301 - in reply to #445223)

heres mine bob made for me...and i am getting another in the near future...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(017 [640x480].JPG)

(025 [640x480].JPG)

(025 [640x480].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 017 [640x480].JPG (89KB - 2291 downloads)
Attachments 025 [640x480].JPG (117KB - 4238 downloads)
Attachments 025 [640x480].JPG (117KB - 1323 downloads)
Badgerpat1
Posted 6/15/2010 5:48 PM (#445734 - in reply to #445223)

Wolftackle84...I don't think you have enough baits...Makes me want to buy stock in tackle companies:)

Pat
wolftackle84
Posted 6/15/2010 6:01 PM (#445735 - in reply to #445223)

you can never have enough lures....i dont have need as many as some guy on here...
bdog
Posted 6/15/2010 6:41 PM (#445751 - in reply to #445223)

I would definitely check ,out that box on the top of the thread here. That was the box I had Bob custom build for me before he gave me a hell of a deal on a custom deck box for my Ranger. That box in the link is 30" long 18" wide, and 17" high and will hold a bunch of giant baits. Also the price is considerably lower than what it would be if you were to order it.
Badgerpat1
Posted 6/16/2010 8:14 PM (#445937 - in reply to #445735)

Wolftackle...just sheer jealousy on my part:) I have a good start but need more. It is just so easy to spend $100.00 a pop anytime I go to a good store that carries Muskie lures.

Badgerpat1
tomcat
Posted 6/17/2010 8:02 AM (#445989 - in reply to #445223)

Lakewood Extreme.
Matt
Posted 6/17/2010 9:19 AM (#445992 - in reply to #445223)

Guys not everyone wants to spend 600 to 800 dollars on a tackle box/deck extension. Just encase is awesome stuff but way to pricey for me personally. I wish he would offer some other options other than the Lexan boxes for us poor folk.
wolftackle84
Posted 6/17/2010 9:27 AM (#445994 - in reply to #445992)

i paid 300 from mine...and in my mind its worth them money you can lock and make sure your things are not going to get stolen...whould you rather lose 1000s of dollers in lures or spend 200 to make sure there safe...on his website you can find boxes for under 200...in my eyes your making a good investment...

tight lines

[email protected]
Hook
Posted 6/17/2010 10:05 AM (#446000 - in reply to #445223)

Is this the sales website for that comapny?

Editir's Note:
Bob simply makes a superior quality product. Muskie anglers generally gravitate to quality, so the Just Encase boxes get quite a few recommendations.
Musky
Posted 6/17/2010 10:22 AM (#446012 - in reply to #445223)

Hook, no its not. Its just a quality box people love. I personally need a new box but Just Encase is a little to pricy for me at this moment. I have an old plano flipsider that works great. Comes with 3 boxes which you can customize. Its held up nicely and I cant complain.
Slow Rollin
Posted 6/17/2010 10:28 AM (#446014 - in reply to #445223)

i think they are really nice boxes too. but cannot justify the price.... i dont see the need to charge $300 for that box. are the parts and pieces for it just that expensive?? i think they could sell alot more if they were priced more reasonable. i guess i just dont see the value for the price. stick w/ my Flambeau for way less in cost.
adudeuknow
Posted 6/17/2010 9:59 PM (#446127 - in reply to #445223)

worth every penny.....nothing like grabbing onto something and feeling the quality of it shoot through your body. never felt that with any lakewood or plano product. not having the money is one thing, but they are worth every penny. can't wait to order a custom deck extension.
sworrall
Posted 6/17/2010 10:18 PM (#446133 - in reply to #445223)

Slow Rollin,
Absolutely, the box materials are very expensive and the build is very labor intensive. You can't buy top quality 'cheap', and in this case, you get more than you pay for. If you expect the guy to lose money selling his product, you ain't being very real.

Stick with whatever you wish, I'll keep buying Just Encase.
cochran
Posted 6/17/2010 10:21 PM (#446134 - in reply to #445223)

When you talk to bob you will understand how much time and work he puts into each and every box. These boxes can't be mass produced. They are custom boxes to fit your needs and built to last a lifetime. The quality and craftsmanship is far ahead of anything else I have ever seen. He built me a custom deck extension for my 620T that can hold 400 plus baits up to 13 inches in length. For the bigger baits Bob can make you anything to suit your needs. You will pay more for one of his custom boxes but you won't regret it.
Slow Rollin
Posted 6/18/2010 12:36 PM (#446232 - in reply to #446133)

sworrall - 6/17/2010 10:18 PM

Slow Rollin,
Absolutely, the box materials are very expensive and the build is very labor intensive. You can't buy top quality 'cheap', and in this case, you get more than you pay for. If you expect the guy to lose money selling his product, you ain't being very real.

Stick with whatever you wish, I'll keep buying Just Encase.

thats fine, anyone agree w/ me on this? VALUE vs COST. my boxes hold my lures just fine, YES it would be nice to see the lures through the clear outside. So thats a benefit. I could stand on it, i can stand on my boxes now.....no advantage there, you can lock the justencase, dont see a need for that, but could be a benefit to some. I cannot justify the benefits to the price.....simple sales 101. my percieved value vs the cost. my flambuea was $50. i can see a true benefit if you have a special need for a custom box for your boat and/or casting deck.

Edited by Slow Rollin 6/18/2010 12:38 PM
firstsixfeet
Posted 6/18/2010 1:32 PM (#446244 - in reply to #446232)

Slow Rollin - 6/18/2010 12:36 PM

thats fine, anyone agree w/ me on this? VALUE vs COST. my boxes hold my lures just fine, YES it would be nice to see the lures through the clear outside. So thats a benefit. I could stand on it, i can stand on my boxes now.....no advantage there, you can lock the justencase, dont see a need for that, but could be a benefit to some. I cannot justify the benefits to the price.....simple sales 101. my percieved value vs the cost. my flambuea was $50. i can see a true benefit if you have a special need for a custom box for your boat and/or casting deck.

You come across as being critical of the cost of the box. However you are not forced to buy the box, and are free to recommend whatever solution to the question asked. You say you use Flambeau boxes, and I do also, but...even my bigger Flambeau boxes are not going to do a very good job of holding a 13"+ size bait. In fact, they would only hold a few of such baits, and I would have to have a bunch of them lying around. It would be a mess.

Years ago, I bought two Flambeau canvas packs that hold seven boxes each. They were, and remain, an excellent option for me to add or subtract musky tackle to my boat, and are easy to remove at the end of a trip, or when I stay at a motel overnight. However, I drive a lot to fish, don't fish musky all the time, and rarely use really big baits. 9" grandmas, 10" suicks are the upper end of what I can really carry well. Works for me, but if I had a boat that stayed in the water, or was able to do repetitive short trips to fish musky, or had a lot of big baits, I would quickly go for custom, lockable storage. And I would want it strong enough to deny any but a very determined effort to open it. I would see it as being very cost effective over the life of a boat, and also an excellent resale advantage if I was ever selling my boat.

I remember when I was buying these canvas bags, at the time I thought, hmm this is quite a bit of money for just tackle containers, and it was at the time, but I found I had gone through several boxes, and kept going up for a better bigger model, and wish I could have skipped right to the tackle bags. These have given excellent and thrifty service over their lifetime.

I look at the custom boxes above, and I am thinking they are made for service, and 10-12 years from now they are still going to have a good life expectancy in front of them, and they are going to be an excellent, cost effective method of storing baits, and will more than demonstrate their value over time.
Slow Rollin
Posted 6/18/2010 3:18 PM (#446261 - in reply to #446244)

firstsixfeet - 6/18/2010 1:32 PM

Slow Rollin - 6/18/2010 12:36 PM

You come across as being critical of the cost of the box. However you are not forced to buy the box, and are free to recommend whatever solution to the question asked. You say you use Flambeau boxes, and I do also, but...even my bigger Flambeau boxes are not going to do a very good job of holding a 13"+ size bait. In fact, they would only hold a few of such baits, and I would have to have a bunch of them lying around. It would be a mess.

yeah, i get your point. of course i am not forced to buy it. i would be willing to buy it if the price and benefits seemed more in line. this is only my opinion. and i just dont see how the box can cost this much?? $300 for a lure box??? i want to buy one and i like them, only thing i dont like is price. What would happen if the Lakeland or Flambeau and the justencase box were for sale/on display at an outdoor store. people can come in open, check out, see the benefits and features on all boxes. Of course everyone would want to buy the justencase. And the price on the Flambeau or lakeland are somewhere around $50 maybe. And the justencase is $300. What percentage will buy which product? i would guess 90% for the $50 box and 10% for justencase. why not lower the price of the justencase and sell more volume. if the price was a little closer to the 2 products i would pay a little more for the justencase. but 50 to 300 is a huge difference.
just a thought and i like both products, just wish it was more cost effective.

Edited by Slow Rollin 6/18/2010 3:19 PM
sworrall
Posted 6/18/2010 4:07 PM (#446272 - in reply to #445223)

Simple, don't buy a product you don't want to buy. But don't tell me the value isn't there just because you choose not to acknowledge it or are not able to recognize it. There's ample evidence many have already bought and are very happy with the Just Encase. Simple sales 101, build a high quality niche product, build it to your customer's specifications, and build it like a tank, and it will sell at a fair price for both the seller and the buyer.

adudeuknow
Posted 6/18/2010 6:24 PM (#446292 - in reply to #446272)

sworrall - 6/18/2010 5:07 PM

Simple, don't buy a product you don't want to buy. But don't tell me the value isn't there just because you choose not to acknowledge it or are not able to recognize it. There's ample evidence many have already bought and are very happy with the Just Encase. Simple sales 101, build a high quality niche product, build it to your customer's specifications, and build it like a tank, and it will sell at a fair price for both the seller and the buyer.

could not have said it any better at all. the proof is there for those willing to look at it.

i don't understand how musky fisherman can buy the best lures on the market ranging from $20 to god knows how much and question a box that is at the top of it's class. musky lures that nice deserve the best home.

Edited by adudeuknow 6/18/2010 6:26 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)