Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Scotty - What the F---, Lietz, you're better than that!!" Me - Not today, I'm not. I think I'm gettin' senile!
- (Added by: esoxaddict)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Rattle can finishes

Message Subject: Rattle can finishes
JAH1317
Posted 6/11/2010 9:51 AM (#444995)
Subject: Rattle can finishes

Hello all, I sprayed a hellhound last night with rustoleum and let it sit over night and it still feels tacky. I did two light coats so I don't believe it's on too thick. I did scuff the paint up before hand and I shook the crap out of the can. Any thoughts? It was not really hot in the house last night (60's) and the humidity was high so I am suspecting this to be the culprit but I was not sure. I have it in the car now so it gets some nice dry heat hope that gets it to cure up.

Thanks

Jacob

JeffinPickering
Posted 6/11/2010 10:34 AM (#445003 - in reply to #444995)
Subject: RE: Rattle can finishes

I made the Rustoleum mistake once last year. On a plastic lure it will always be tacky, and will actually come out of your box wet and start coming off (on your hands, other lures, anywhere you lie it down, etc).

I switched and did a few more lures with Krylon paint, sparkle, and clear all made for plastics and all turned out well.

Edited by JeffinPickering 6/11/2010 10:35 AM
Posted 6/15/2010 12:54 AM (#445582 - in reply to #444995)
Subject: RE: Rattle can finishes

I started out spraying with rattle cans & actually had some pretty good results. I used model paint spray bombs, Tamiya I think was the brand, solvent based though so like any spray paint you should spray outside if you don't have a paint booth. The thing I hated about that is the #*^@ bugs!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)