Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance Problem Reading Water Temps

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance Problem Reading Water Temps
619musky
Posted 6/8/2010 10:15 AM (#444444)
Subject: Lowrance Problem Reading Water Temps

Last week the water temp on my Lowrance is not showing up and is just flashing at 32 degrees. Any help or advice on this?

Thanks
Southshore
Posted 6/9/2010 7:21 AM (#444607 - in reply to #444444)
Subject: RE: Lowrance Problem Reading Water Temps

On my 520, lmx27 and lmx112 the 32 degrees happens when the unit displays temp but the temp probe is not being read by the unit. It seems that a reading of 32 is a default when the probe is faulty or not hooked up to the unit. It also happened when I tried to use an old gray connector plug temp probe and transducer with a newer blue plug unit. The transducer worked but the temp read 32. Maybe this helps......
Tfoot
Posted 6/9/2010 7:52 AM (#444611 - in reply to #444444)

I'm in the same boat. My 522 stopped reading water temperature a couple weeks ago after having worked earlier this year. Slapped a new transducer on and still nothing. Soft/Hard resets, restore factory defaults= nothing.
PMV
Posted 6/9/2010 8:38 PM (#444731 - in reply to #444444)

Are you guys using the transducer that shipped with the unit or a universal transducer in a trolling motor? Last year I couldn't get any readings on my transducer and found out there is a connector in the trolling motor head that must have vibrated loose. Put it together and it works great.

pmv

Edited by PMV 6/9/2010 8:40 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)