Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> MP3 Technology Camera?

Message Subject: MP3 Technology Camera?
swanezy
Posted 5/29/2010 12:29 PM (#443149)
Subject: MP3 Technology Camera?

I know there were some threads on this somewhere in here. I read about the camera and some different people said it can last about 7 hours or so on the water.. I ended up getting it cause it was the cheapest solution.

Anyway im wondering if anyone else have this camera that can get it to tape for more than an hour. When you record video, there is no way that i have found to shut off the camera display, so it drains the battery of the camera itself in an hour.

If anyone has any tips let me know. The broken english instructions are a joke too
sworrall
Posted 5/29/2010 2:21 PM (#443156 - in reply to #443149)
Subject: RE: MP3 Technology Camera?

The 9 volt for the camera should last at least 4 hours, and the recorder internal battery about the same in colder conditions.

The camera is made in China, which is obvious, so the instructions won't be in perfect English.

I've had no problems with mine recording 4 to 6 hours on the ice. From the website:
# The camera runs on a regular or rechargeable 9V battery (not included) inside the black box and comes with a switch on the box to save power when you aren't recording. Thanks to the newest CMOS technology, the quality is comparable to CCD, yet the battery life is considerably longer. The run time for this camera on one battery charge is generally 7-9 hours depending on the quality of battery being used. The length of the cable is 1 meter, from the camera to the battery box.
# Use this cam with a fully charged AV25 or AV28G DVR and be able to record 6-7 hours of video on average before needing to recharge!#

I use rechargeable 9 volts for the camera, and charge the recorder overnight.
swanezy
Posted 5/29/2010 8:55 PM (#443172 - in reply to #443149)
Subject: Re: MP3 Technology Camera?

Steve, I have rechargeable E cell 9 volts, and understand the that those should last long, I guess my question is about the actual camera itself.

When im recording video, the display of the camera itself stays on.. This seems to drain the battery in about an hour.

Do you know of a way to turn the Camera display "Off" and still have it record?

Ill try some other things, but as of now, it will record for a little over an hour then the camera just dies. This was after a full night of charging as well
sworrall
Posted 5/29/2010 10:00 PM (#443177 - in reply to #443149)

# Use this cam with a fully charged AV25 or AV28G DVR and be able to record 6-7 hours of video on average before needing to recharge!#

Mine lasts that long. It took several charge/discharge cycles to get it to that point, have you used it a few times now?
swanezy
Posted 5/30/2010 10:55 AM (#443212 - in reply to #443149)

Not yet, only got out with it once this year. Didn't realize that it would take several recharge cycles to get it up to that point, but ill let it run several times and recharge it before i try it again.

Have you found a way to turn off the display on the camera viewfinder while recording and still record? I know that would save a lot of the camera's battery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)