Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Musky Buster Super Appealer Opinions???

Message Subject: Musky Buster Super Appealer Opinions???
mcgeissler
Posted 5/12/2010 6:22 PM (#440546)
Subject: Musky Buster Super Appealer Opinions???

Anyone have any experience with these. Good action. What is the action similar to.....Phantoms???

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1.jpg (45KB - 305 downloads)
AWH
Posted 5/12/2010 6:31 PM (#440550 - in reply to #440546)
Subject: Re: Musky Buster Super Appealer Opinions???

It has a wider glide than the Phantom Softail and has a nice hang time on the pause. I saw them in the water last night for the first time and I was very impressed. If you're looking for a glider with a tail you won't be disappointed. They played with the weight on these since last year, making them a bit heavier, which was a great move on their part. One (several, more like it) will be in my box for sure, right next to my Phantoms.

Aaron
PSYS
Posted 5/12/2010 6:43 PM (#440555 - in reply to #440546)

+1

I've bought a couple from Aaron so far this year and really love the action of them. They're similar to the Phantom Softail but like Aaron mentioned... the wobble is a lot wider. I wouldn't quite put them in the "erratic" category but nonetheless, it's a profound action specific to that lure.

The colors and paint job finishes are great...
50"skie
Posted 5/12/2010 7:03 PM (#440559 - in reply to #440546)

I saw Gregg Thomas throwing these in the pool at the Chicago Show. They look awesome!! Had to pick some up.
Jsondag
Posted 5/13/2010 11:00 AM (#440709 - in reply to #440546)

They have more of a stationary wobble on the pause which is awesome. The Super AP's kick a$$. I know Luke and Pete really did a lot of tweaking, weighting, and testing the last few years to get them perfected. They are a great bait all season long.

Compared to a Phantom... Just like everyone says about two baits in the same category - they're two different tools with different profile and weight, they have a very different action. Throw them both you'll notice a pretty vast difference.

PS - That Custom White Belly Walleye is sick!

Edited by Jsondag 5/13/2010 11:02 AM
Ben Olsen
Posted 5/13/2010 6:11 PM (#440807 - in reply to #440546)

I've also done well with super appealers! Heavier than a Phantom, they are perfect to count down. Also check out the 5 1/2" version coming soon. A bunch of us were throwing them during the PMTT at cave with great success! Hammskie boated a 37 1/2" on a walleye pattern mini Super Appealer to help us to an 8th place finish!
Jsondag
Posted 5/13/2010 8:44 PM (#440838 - in reply to #440546)

Yeah, i was using the mini AP's in Indy a week ago they are sick for sure!
Sam Ubl
Posted 6/23/2014 3:50 PM (#717347 - in reply to #440546)

Okay, where can I buy the 5.5" Mini AP's nowadays?

Also, has anyone else had trouble with hooking up to fish with these? I realize the weight system called for the short gap between the front and back hooks, but the combination of small hooks and the back end of the bait being hookless has caused a LOT of missed opportunities. I've put larger hooks on, but the back hook tends to get hung up on the top of the bait when they swing on the glide. Anyone have any suggestions there?
tyler k
Posted 6/23/2014 7:47 PM (#717395 - in reply to #440546)

I have one of the big ones and hate it. It doesn't look like a Phantom or Hellhound and doesn't work like a Phantom or Hellhound (which I love both, actually the only gliders I even bother with anymore), I tried adjusting my cadence and pulls, still thought it pretty much sat there in the water. It will probably get sold. I can't speak to the smaller sizes and mine is a couple years old so the design changes may affect this. For the record, I'm not real high on the larger size Phantom Softtails and really dislike the Squirley Hellhounds. But I know guys who like and catch fish on all of them. I'm very particular on my gliders...
Hammskie
Posted 6/25/2014 8:58 AM (#717720 - in reply to #440546)

Try the 5.5... much different than the 7.5, action-wise.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)