Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Catching Muskie From a Kayak

Message Subject: Catching Muskie From a Kayak
MuskiebyKayak
Posted 2/21/2010 1:34 PM (#424973)
Subject: Catching Muskie From a Kayak

You might have already seen the YouTube clip of Ontario angler, Jamie Pistilli, hooking himself to a big muskie when trying to land it from a kayak. Although that was a low point for him, there really are few people with as much experience catching muskie from a kayak as he has, and he just came out with a video clip that explains some tricks for catching muskie by kayak at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeiPx_5UnXg

If you haven't seen him hook his hand to a thrashing muskie... you can check it out here... Prepare to squirm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZMyJkmo8vA
shotgunlew
Posted 2/21/2010 3:16 PM (#424992 - in reply to #424973)
Subject: Re: Catching Muskie From a Kayak

MY buddy and I do this ALL the time on the Fox Chain in Illinois!!! Never got a big one but caught quite a few fish.
NJ Musky
Posted 2/21/2010 6:10 PM (#425013 - in reply to #424992)

3:00AM on a TopRaider.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(P51800688.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P51800688.jpg (38KB - 192 downloads)
longNtoothy
Posted 2/21/2010 7:38 PM (#425020 - in reply to #424973)

Now THAT is a sweet picture! Awesome. I've caught a few from a kayak, not many...but a ton from a canoe, including some giants. All but the biggest (a 50") was with a net man. It is a whole 'nother task trying to land a lightly hooked 35 lber by yourself. A good friend of mine hooked a 55"er going alone in a kayak a few years ago...ended up losing it, but got a free tow all over timbuktu while trying to unhook the beast. It is really exciting, very fun, but a touch dangerous if you are after pics. Save yourself and the fish and do the water release with the longest pliers you can buy. Three footers are no problem, 50's will cause some choas!
MuskiebyKayak
Posted 2/23/2010 8:51 AM (#425311 - in reply to #424973)
Subject: RE: Catching Muskie From a Kayak

Great shot... even better fish! I haven't caught a muskie that big yet, but I think this will be the year! I watched my buddy catch, land and release a 44" this fall, and it's all I've wanted to do since then.
NJ Musky
Posted 2/23/2010 6:33 PM (#425455 - in reply to #425311)
Subject: RE: Catching Muskie From a Kayak

I did my best fishing at night with Cowgirls & TopRadiers fishing inside out with the yak in the weeds. Keep the yak in the weeds and makea a long cast to the deeper water. Next reel in the lure through the weeds, clean it off and start all over again. Most hits would come right at the weed line. This one I got in four foot of water right at the boat ramp.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(P7180056665-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P7180056665-1.jpg (15KB - 188 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)