Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

Message Subject: Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!
eric0969
Posted 2/17/2010 11:47 PM (#424405)
Subject: Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

Hello, my name is Eric and i am currently in the US Navy serving in Iraq. Havent been home to do any musky fishing for about 3 years now due to the circumstances of the war and being deployed for the majority of time during the year. I am returning from Iraq here in June and i am looking for a place to stay that is nice and fairly good in price. I was also looking for a great guide for a couple of days. Im looking at a 5 to 7 day trip and would really love some feadback. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. This will be my first fishing trip with my uncle in 3 years and i love musky fishing!! So this trip will be for 2.

V/R
IT3 Eric Spisak
United States Navy
eric0969
Posted 2/18/2010 4:49 AM (#424417 - in reply to #424405)
Subject: I need help Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

eric0969 - 2/17/2010 11:47 PM

Hello, my name is Eric and i am currently in the US Navy serving in Iraq. Havent been home to do any musky fishing for about 3 years now due to the circumstances of the war and being deployed for the majority of time during the year. I am returning from Iraq here in June and i am looking for a place to stay that is nice and fairly good in price. I was also looking for a great guide for a couple of days. Im looking at a 5 to 7 day trip and would really love some feadback. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. This will be my first fishing trip with my uncle in 3 years and i love musky fishing!! So this trip will be for 2.

V/R
IT3 Eric Spisak
United States Navy
Silver Scale
Posted 2/18/2010 7:18 AM (#424421 - in reply to #424417)
Subject: RE: I need help Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

Check out Retreat Lodge for a place to stay. Dave Swenson is one of the better guides on the lake. Both can be found in www.lakevermilion.com

Hammskie
Posted 2/18/2010 7:45 AM (#424426 - in reply to #424405)
Subject: RE: Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

Many good lodging choices up there. Cook Motel is always a safe bet... nice rooms for right around 60 bucks/night. Fish with Jason Hamernick if you want to put a fish in the boat on Vermilion.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(muskie_breath_card_Page_1.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(muskie_breath_card_Page_2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments muskie_breath_card_Page_1.jpg (168KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments muskie_breath_card_Page_2.jpg (115KB - 117 downloads)
eric0969
Posted 2/18/2010 8:01 AM (#424429 - in reply to #424426)

I havent been to Vermillion in about 10 years! how much has it changed. Has the musky population increased? Hows the patterns out there these days? I just cant wait to get back. Iraq is to much stress and Musky fishing will cure this..
sworrall
Posted 2/18/2010 8:36 AM (#424437 - in reply to #424405)
Subject: Re: Fishing Lake Vermillion in 1st week of August!!!!

Give Steve at Spring Bay Resort a call or drop them an emai. He'll take very good care of you, and the resort and customer service is unexcelled.

Steve Amundson -- 3045 Vermilion Drive -- Cook, Minnesota 55723
(218) 666-5607 or 1-800-847-5253 (Reservations only, please)
[email protected]

We hold our outings at this resort, and they literally jump to make sure everyone is happy, catching fish, and comfortable. Good rates, too. If you can, maybe it'd be an experience for you to attend our August outing up there, should be a great trip surrounded by other muskie anglers at a great price.
muskydeceiver
Posted 2/18/2010 8:49 AM (#424440 - in reply to #424405)

I second Spring Bay Resort and if you can make it when Muskie First is doing their outing I would second that option as well. They are very well run events that are an absolute blast to be at.

Another thing I would suggest you look at is Operation Musky. It is an all expenses paid fishing trip to Lake of the Woods. You get to stay at a resort and fish with THE BEST guides in the business. Definitely check it out:

http://www.operationmuskie.com/

Thanks for everything you do for our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nwild
Posted 2/18/2010 9:03 AM (#424447 - in reply to #424440)

Checking out Operation Muskie would be well worth the time. All you have to do is get yourself to the landing on LOTW, and Operation Muskie covers the rest. They have a great line-up of guides (myself excluded) including some of the biggest names in musky fishing.

Check out their website at http://operationmuskie.com and fill out the application under the campfire section.
Doug_Kloet
Posted 2/18/2010 9:09 AM (#424449 - in reply to #424405)

My vote is also for http://www.springbayresort.com. Great resort and the staff is very helpful.

Captain Doug Kloet
http://www.dougkloet.com

Edited by Doug_Kloet 2/18/2010 9:11 AM
qwert01
Posted 2/18/2010 11:05 AM (#424472 - in reply to #424405)

Eric, I am also serving in Iraq currently and will be trying to go to the musky first outing in August. also I went to operation musky 1 and if you can go to that it is the fishing trip of a lifetime. the accomodations are great and the guides they have are awsome. I got to fish with Jack Burns, Pete Maina and Ed Speorl and I caught 4 muskies and saw probably close to 80. shoot me an email @ [email protected], depending where you are I have a lot of Musky Hunters and musky vids.
Mike
hammertime
Posted 2/18/2010 11:40 AM (#424479 - in reply to #424405)

I would also suggest www.northlandmuskieadventures.com. I fished with Dustin last August and got three in the boat in one day, he really knows the lake, and I believe he won a big tournament there a couple of years ago.

Another option is Josh Borovsky www.promuskieguide.com. He won a big tournament there last year.
Pedro
Posted 2/18/2010 12:09 PM (#424487 - in reply to #424405)

Fished with Josh Borovsky a few years ago and learned a lot. Great guy to fish with, you'll get your money's worth. He got a huge 56" two years back, I think it's on his web page.
Scott
Posted 2/18/2010 1:17 PM (#424497 - in reply to #424405)

I agree with Hammertime, My Dad & my brother and I, We went out with Dustin Carlson with Northland Muskie Adventures Guide Service last year, we boated 9 fish in 2.5 days and one over 50". We are also in the military, my brother is over in Iraq now. We will be back with him sometime this year with my brother coming home sometime on leave, but Dustin said there muskie inc Chapter in Duluth puts on a take a veteran fishing day in Duluth. Maybe want to call him for details, But the most enjoyable trip we had as a family ever.
Dustin Carlson web site is
www.northlandmuskieadventures.com

From the state down under
Scott
thrax_johnson
Posted 2/18/2010 5:49 PM (#424542 - in reply to #424405)

With a stay of the length your talking 0969, check out Whispering Winds Resort, its on the West End. You recieve free guide service with stay from one of the best muskie fisherman on the lake, he will fish your butt off if you let him for nothing more than the price you pay for renting the cabin, which is also amongst the most affordable on the lake. Docks are right at most of the cabins, with your boat as close as 20ft from your cabin! Jeremy is his name, tons of pics on the website in my signature. Here's also a direct link to the photos, so you don't have to spend time looking for those... http://www.whisperingwindsresort.com/htmls/fishing01.html

There are 3 pages of muskie pics there to wet your whistle for some hot Vermilion action!! No matter where you end up, good luck and thanks for your service.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)