Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Spearing Bans in MN

Message Subject: Spearing Bans in MN
Crawdad
Posted 1/10/2010 9:27 PM (#416606)
Subject: Spearing Bans in MN

I'm just really cerious how many people are in favor of the spearing bans? Also How many people are all for getting spearing banned on more lakes? I personally am not in favor for adding more lakes to the list, but I am all for leaving the lakes on that list just the way they are! I just had a very interesting conversation with a member of Muskies Inc who told me that Muskies Inc members aren't trying to get more lakes banned? Just wondering if this is true? I'm interested in some input? Thanks Mike
Marc J
Posted 1/10/2010 9:52 PM (#416615 - in reply to #416606)
Subject: RE: Spearing Bans in MN

100% true. Has anyone with any interest in spearing actually read the Long Range Plan put out by the DNR? Nothing personal, Crawdad, but this subject is hot everywhere right now and nobody with any interest or opinion on spearing seems to have read the part of the plan, which explicitly states there will be no new spearing bans on new musky waters.

I'm an MI member and I'm not in favor of any more spearing bans, although if the lies, underhanded tactics and backdoor legislation attempts by the MDAA don't stop I might just on the wagon out of spite.

Whether MI as an organization or the MMA feel the same (MMA fully supports the long range plan and MI would never push for a spearing ban as an organization) is irrelevant because the DNR has stated there won't be any and that is how we are proceeding.

Personally, I ask why sacrifice so many potential gains in the musky program to fight for big pike when the musky guys are the ONLY advocate for them in the state?
AWH
Posted 1/10/2010 10:06 PM (#416621 - in reply to #416606)
Subject: Re: Spearing Bans in MN

<p>Marc summarized things well. Like spearing or not, if muskie groups would make any attempt to get more lakes with a spearing ban, the fight to get more muskie lakes in our state will be an even bigger fight than it already is. A lot of spear fishermen are already against any new muskie lakes because they believe it's an underhanded way to eliminate spearing. The vocal ones seem to be a very paranoid bunch. Most information people are looking for in terms of the management direction for northern pike and muskies in MN can be found in the Long Range Management Plan.</p>

Edited by AWH 1/10/2010 10:11 PM
AWH
Posted 1/10/2010 10:11 PM (#416623 - in reply to #416606)
Subject: Re: Spearing Bans in MN

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fisheries/muskiepike_2020.html

87 pages there, so there's plenty of reading material.

Aaron
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)