Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> blade colors

Message Subject: blade colors
wolftackle84
Posted 11/26/2009 1:39 PM (#409914)
Subject: blade colors

i am starting to make bucktails this winter...but dont know what colors of blades to get....what are fish catching colors.....

tight lines
mskyhntr
Posted 11/26/2009 2:12 PM (#409916 - in reply to #409914)
Subject: RE: blade colors

they all catch fish, prefeffed colors depends on the body of water your fishing and the color/clarity.
Staples everywhere should be gold/nickle/orange/chart/. there are many other colors that work but these seem to work everywhere.
Tackle Industries
Posted 11/26/2009 4:33 PM (#409927 - in reply to #409914)
Subject: Re: blade colors

Make it easy on yourself and go with copper, silver or gold blades. Then you don't have to deal with painting them. IMO its the vibration anyway and colors for me catch customers JMO You can dress them up real nice with skirt colors too. Post what you make. Can't wait to see them!

James
Musky Madman
Posted 11/29/2009 7:50 PM (#410190 - in reply to #409916)

mskyhntr - 11/26/2009 2:12 PM

Staples everywhere should be gold/nickle/orange/chart/. there are many other colors that work but these seem to work everywhere.

Agreed. Orange was the hottest for me this year.
jasonvkop
Posted 11/29/2009 8:57 PM (#410207 - in reply to #409914)

nickel, gold, orange, pink, black nickel, red, chart, green, etc lol. They all catch fish so just go with what you have confidence in. I usually go with natural colors (nickel, gold) in clearer water and bright colors (orange, red) in darker waters.
brewcrew
Posted 11/29/2009 10:25 PM (#410213 - in reply to #409914)

Some say that blade color doesnt matter, in some cases this is definetly true. But i have also seen it were we have fished two cowgirls both with different blade colors and the bait with the nickel blades had all the action while the other cowgirl didn't even get so much as a look from a fish. But Generally the colors we have had most luck with is Nickel, Gold, Orange, Pink, and
Lusox
Posted 12/2/2009 10:45 AM (#410540 - in reply to #409914)

For what it's worth: my son and I were on a guided trip this summer. The guide makes his own type of spinner. Real simple, about 5" long, very heavy copper blade and a white rubber skirt. We caught fish. When I asked him if this was the color combo that he liked he said "it isn't what I like, it's what the fish like". He had done extensive testing and found that this combo out produced all others.
Course we are both old and could be full of crap.
Making and selling lures is unfortunalely more about pleasing the buyer than producing something that works but won't sell.

Lusox
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)