Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Left Handed Trinidad Equivalent???

Message Subject: Left Handed Trinidad Equivalent???
sevo
Posted 11/7/2009 10:51 PM (#408080)
Subject: Left Handed Trinidad Equivalent???

Does anyone know of a left handed reel that is equivalent to a Shimano Trinidad for burning big bladed bucktails (#10’s, #13’s and above)? I am not confident in the quality of the ABU Garcia 7001 as I used to go through two 6501’s every year until I moved to TE’s. I put a Shimano power handle from Thorne on a TE and it helped some, but not enough (I liked the power handle so much I put them on all my TE’s except for spinnerbait reel). I am looking for something palmable that retrieves 36+ inches of line per crank and has a long enough power handle to provide mechanical advantage when taking in that much line on big bladed bucktails. I was looking online at the AVET SX Raptor 6/4 as it takes in 34 inches per crank on the highspeed setting. Has anyone fished one with big blades? I read a lot of good reviews on Accurate and the BX400 6:1 might be a possibility, but I am not sure how much line it takes in per crank. Both are lever drags but I think I could get used to that as I would the absence of a level wind.

Anyone have comments other ideas or suggestions?
STUSHSKY
Posted 11/8/2009 3:49 PM (#408121 - in reply to #408080)
Subject: RE: Left Handed Trinidad Equivalent???

i did the same searching earlier this year and settled in on the left handed crank avet sx 6/4 2 speed. 36" plus per crank @ 6.3:1 high gear...you can burn anything you want with very little effort and at the press of a button go to 3.8:1 low gear ratio for slow rolling or whatever else you want to do with it...two reels in one!...light weight only 16 ozs...the side plate diameter is about the same 2 1/4" as my lunas which is perfect for palming for me...AMERICAN MADE to boot!...lower cost than the trindads as well...i purchased mine from cabbagekeyrodandreel.com and had it from within 3 days of ordering...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)